Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

How to Write the Beat of Love

The high beat of your heart: pulsating red musk, red mango, labdanum, black honey, black gardenia, Indonesian patchouli, and champaca blossom.

Red musk here is the tall, handsome seductor hand-feeding you bits of juicy fruit in a swoony scented garden at midnight. He promised you the pleasures of the flesh and they are: warm nectar dripping down your chin, an impossibly soft gardenia brushing against the back of your neck, the distant buzz of contented sleepy bees, a hint of intoxicating incense clinging to your lover's velvet jacket. 

You may not remember how you get home, but when you wake up the smell will drift up from your hair to assure you it wasn't a dream.

i'm probably not the best person to review this, because gardenia can go fairly ghastly on me. but i tried this on a lark because the other notes sound amazing. so if you're like me, and wondering how strong the gardenia is: she strong. especially at first. but if you like all those other notes AND gardenia, this could potentially be a huge winner. the red musk is that really smooooth sweet one that's been cropping up lately that is absolutely tdf. it combines with the mango to create a unique twist on your standard-issue fruity red musk. labdanum, patch, and honey create an amazing, sweet, rich, resinous backdrop, but they're not particularly agressive. i'm not getting a lot of black honey but the thread of it i pick up on keeps me snuffling for more despite the gardenia (and champaca) assault. i would love to see more black honey occurances in the future!

eventuallyyyy the gardenia/champaca settle down enough that i can appreciate their presence in the composition. it's silky-smooth, sweet and lush. ultimately not for me, but undeniably beautiful. 

This is one of those decants I try and IMMEDIATELY add a bottle to my next order. So fun and sexy. I love mango, it’s like the sexiest fruit, right? You really have to get in there and gnaw on it and suck the juices! 😁 It’s so lovely here combined with the red musk, honey, lush gardenia and champaca, and dark swirls of earthy patchouli. Floral, but fruit, but musky, but incense-y. It’s all here. It’s so perfect for a hot summer. More mango blends please!

This is one of the rare instances when the red musk behaves on my skin and doesn't take center stage.

"How to write the beat of love" reminds me in composition of the GC Mania, red musk with fruits, only here it's more complex considering the multitude of notes.

Upon drydown i get a perfect balance of mango with honey anchored on a bed of unassuming red musk. The gardenia and champa blossom are more apparent when freshly applied, but i guess they meld sleemlessly into the mango/honey/red musk melange. I'm happy this works on my skin and the red musk behaves for a chnage.