Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Con El Dolor de la Mortal Herida

Big heady red roses is right! This is exactly as the listed notes indicate, a voluptuous rose,  sandalwood = mysteriousness and a opening flash of the frankincense that I recognize from Traditional Sheet Ghost.

While I'm mentioning other BPAL scents, I think Con El Dolor... is spiritually similar with Harlot or Spellbound (dark, sensual and rose forward) moreso than Rose Cross or Little Wooden Doll (resinous lil baby rose). 

I enjoy the big ripe juiciness of the rose, but at the same time the sandalwood is dry brown and velvety. Oh la la

The opening is pretty huge and very much what she says on the bottle. It did end up calming down within an hour into a rosey sandalwood, however it is still powerful!

I think this is a quite accurate pairing with the Sor Juana poem, big drama. I'm kind of getting a vague hint of Guerlain Samsara vibe but I may be tripping. 

See also: sexy, velvet pillows, red lipstick in gold tubes, glamor, warm woody exotic. Spiritual? Sophisticated, Hot mom 🥵 Death Becomes Her vibes? Also might smell very dashing on the right sort of gentlemen.

Edited by Supertrooper Omni

Mostly a sandalwood and frankincense duo on me. I smell the roses in the bottle, but on me they stick to the far background. I was really hoping for another red rose hit, so this is disappointing on me.

The rose notes in this scent are fresh and heady, with a slight lemony edge that the Oman frankincense complements well. The sandalwood is soft and adds some grounding. Feels very vintage, classic, and romantic.