Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Broken Stems

A rejected bouquet tossed in the gutter: oozing broken stems, macerated rose petals, gasoline, and asphalt.

Freshly cut red roses and crushed stems with a cloud of that weirdly gorgeous gasoline/motor oil note that I love. It's atmospheric and evocative of exactly what the description says -- you can breathe in deep and just see the battered bouquet damp on the ground, buds kind of crushed and greenery askew, all in a parking lot puddle shimmery with petrochemicals. A very anti-Valentine creation.

I was hoping for a sort of gritty, industrial rose from this, and that's exactly what it is! There's a very pretty, soft red rose here with a lot of depth from the realistic asphalt and gasoline notes. It dries down as weirdly wearable but doesn't last long on my skin at that stage. Still happy to have a bottle for the atmosphere, which is amazing. It smells like a rainy cyberpunk city. 

Wet: more green than rose topped with an invigorating splash of regular gasoline and a drop of diesel.

Dry: The gas calms down and the soft rose pedals become more prominent over time.

This may be the scent with the strongest gasoline scent that I've tried from the Lab (and I've had the fortune to try Wasteland World).

It goes on as rose and broken green stems doused with gasoline, but then it becomes mostly about the gasoline and asphalt on me, with the rose and greenery in the background. I think the asphalt note may contain a resin, and I think it may be the same one found in There's Water Here from the OLLA collection. It has some serious throw, too. So if you're longing for an atmospheric industrial scent, this is absolutely worth a try, provided you aren't anti-rose.

I really enjoy this and am debating a bottle, but this was strong enough on me that slathering might be a bad idea, so I'll have to give it a full day wear to see if I need more of this. It is definitely a highlight from this year's Luper update, though!