Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

White Silk Chrysanthemum

A silken – yet effervescent – vanilla floral aldehyde laced with spicy chrysanthemum.

Piercingly sharp white floral, I'd classify it as almost aquatic. Mums are usually much richer than this, but the aldehyde is so harsh that it puts a damper on the flowers. The whole scent puts me on edge and not in a good way.

This one is so puzzling to me. I know I won’t do this justice in review form… to me this smells like an unidentified bubble bath of years past. Or… something? I just can’t put my finger on it. It doesn’t smell soapy, more bubble bathy. And not it a bad way. I’m guessing that the bubble bath vibe comes from the aldehyde.

It also smells slightly floral, but I don’t even know if I could identify a real-life chrysanthemum if it bopped me on the nose.

As it dries down, it morphs into a beautiful, ethereal vanilla. Not a foody, deep, vanilla, but a light, airy, and dare I say, effervescent (as the scent description says) vanilla. I really like this one, but it confuses the hell outta me.

Okay I dig it, I dig it. Pretty much exactly what I was hoping, I think I like it better than Unarmed and Laughing, less sugared.

It's a well balanced slightly spicy floral vanilla with a goodly pop of pop. This almost reads as a dewy vanilla white carnation with fizzy. The aldehyde is effervescent and more champagne-like than sharp/perfumey. Not fruity like Twinkle Twinkle or boozy like Bon Vivant, but just that bubbliness is definitely there. It is definitely glam though, so glam.

Fans of Boober, Twinkle Twinkle, Bon Vivant, Alice Monaghan, Unarmed and Laughing.

An enchantingly fizzy vanilla cream soda/ ebullient ginger ale hybrid, but not something you’d want to drink; rather, the scent of a strange, invisible bloom trailing up a trellis, something you walk by every day without really noticing, and then one day the breeze blows just so, bobbing its petals invitingly. Intrigued, entranced, you stop to sniff it, and in that small instance, with the slightest deviation from your path– everything changes forever. This is the scent of that singular, crystalline moment, tremulous and flickering, between the before and the after.

This is mostly about the effervescent aldehyde on me, backed by a baby powder-esque floral note. I'm not sure if the vanilla note (not obvious on my skin) or the chrysanthemum (I'm only familiar with dried chrysanthemums) producing the powderiness, but I'm not really digging the fizz and powder combo.

I'm thinking this one is a skin chemistry fail, sadly.

Wet: very perfumey white floral (reminds me of tiare) and creamy, almost frosting vanilla. Right on the edge of smelling like the plastic in a baby diaper which I've found is often a problem for me with BPAL white florals.

At first, the ginger is a background note just adding a touch of light spice.

As it dries down, the white florals calm down (but are still vaguely unpleasant) while I get more effervescent ginger and vanilla.

In the bottle: Fizziness and vanilla.

Wet: Something floral along with a touch of vanilla and a light version of the lab's champagne note.

Dry: It's a slightly vanillic, fizzy champagne with a non-aggressive white floral that I do not recognize and does not smell like the taste of chrysanthamum tea. This goes on light and only lasts for three or so hours, but it's so lovely and worth reapplying. I suspect another month or two will give it a longer wear time.

This makes me think of a mimosa if mimosas were made with floral La Croix soda instead of orange juice. The fizziness is so sparkly here, with that dreamy floral. Definitely a blind bottle win.

I get comparisons to Unarmed and Laughing, since it has the champagne/vanilla combo as well. But they are not remotely the same vibe on my skin. White Silk Chyrsanthamum is airy and romantic whereas Unarmed and Laughing is laughing in your face with a dense, sugared vanilla. Second cousins, not siblings.

At first i get sparkiling shimmering aldehydes. After that they dissipate and i get the smell of a plugged in hot iron, you when its surface is heated up and you're about to iron your clothes, that's what i'm smelling. Hot iron steam!

This one is a hoot. Bubbly evervescence on the one hand, and powdery vanilla on the other. Definitely a fun scent to try, if the powder doesn't scare you off.

Lots of champagne here, people reading these probably don't need yet another review mentioning SURPRISE! it's got aldehydes yep. I really enjoy a few champagne fragrances including Champagne Lace, even Mummies of the DF has the same rattle. White Silk Crysanthemum are the flowers covering these mummy tombs. The flower crown surrounding that mummy brown. Unfortunately, this falls flat on me, maybe I need more incense or resins instead of flowers. 

Edited by Jenjin