Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

As fool for anything with cotton candy,  I immediately ponced upon Pink Silk Peony and found it lovely and unique.  On my skin,  I found it very floral with the rich sweetness of the cognac but my skin ate the cotton candy and could not find any of its ethereal sweet vibe.  My second testing was on the cotton cuff of my sleeve and the bright sugary "cotton candy" peony was right there!  8 hours later, my cuff is still all "rose creamy"! The White Cognac lends a bit of dryness and longevity to the experience.   I like this one, not a love yet, but it is very different and I do love a Peony! 

Edited by Fiam

I wasn't sure if this would have cotton candy, cotton candy variety peonies, or what. But it is definitely sweet, and floral, almost like a cross between A Spirit, Katie and Poinsettia Gown. Less sweet/cloying than Poinsettia, but more rosey creamy/less fresh than Katie, if that helps. There is booziness from the cognac. Something is going a tad sour on me, although not too bad thankfully compared to some blends. I'm sure a locket or applying to clothes will help, like Fiam says on a cuff or something.

Although I am partial to To Lallie from this release just due to skin chemistry, this is goegeous otherwise and I think Lace fans will enjoy it! 

Fresh from the mail. Goes on kind of a jumble with the rose strong. This is definitely a silk rose... There's a 'I'm smelling a rose scent' VS 'actual rose' vibe... Beth is a genius... slight sharpness from the 'silk rose' but the sillage is already pretty and delicate. Initially a light bit of cotton candy... Okay, the 'jumble' I smelled was rose and peony tumbling. Now it's smooth, rose is dominant, cognac is very understated and not like a hard shot of cognac. A little jammy? Verdict: pretty and worth aging but must love roses for this blendNot a 'cotton candy' scent. 

I admit that I saw cotton candy peonies and mashed the add to cart button, but now that I've tested this a few times, I'm asking myself how I missed rose cream! Thankfully it's a note I enjoy. It has a nice amount of throw, it's not as heady as it was paired with jasmine cream in Poinsettia Gown, plus there is definitely a sweet candy aspect to the peony that balances things quite nicely. So no, not a cotton candy scent, but appropriately playful/dramatic/silly like a massive silk peony blossom. I'm not picking up on any booze from the cognac but it has a nice smooth drydown.  

Sweet, cold strawberry ice cream scented with lush, velvety rose petals; alternatively, if the entire cast of Rose Petal Place were whizzed up in your ice cream maker, with fresh cream and tons of sparkling sugar.

Of the four silk flower scents I tried from this update, this one is my favorite.

It's primarily a peony scent on me, backed by some rose cream, and sweetened with some cotton candy. The cream part of the rose cream is not buttery whatsoever (I've had some bad luck with cream notes doing that on me as of late), and I think it may be the same/similar to the one featured in The Poinsettia Gown from Yules past. At first, the peony and rose swirl together and are pretty inseparable, but the peony ends up winning out after a few hours. The cotton candy also increases in strength over time, sugaring up these floral notes. I forgot there was cognac in this, so I wasn't trying to isolate it when I tested this, but I'm sure it is there, adding that magical quality that cognac tends to lend to scents.

At the moment, I feel like there are some rose and peony scents that I don't reach for enough in my collection (De Vos' Unicorn and Tea Roses and Lace come to mind), so I'm not sure if I need a whole bottle of this one. :think:  I'll retest it before it goes away to make sure. But if I do upgrade one of these flowers from this silk bouquet, this will be the one. If you're a fan of sugary florals, you should definitely try it!

Yep, this is so much like Luper '17 Die Begierde with tangy peony instead of carnation. I am enjoying this peony version more, but it's still not the cottoncandy dream hit I was hoping for. Die Begierde didn't work on me, but this one is promising, but at this point I doubt it will be a big bottle upgrade. Will try it again in a few weeks to see if something shifts. 

Hmm.  The jury is out on this one.  It is not as pretty as Tea Rose Lace, but it is indeed pretty and the sweetness (not foodie) is appreciated.  It is more rose than peony on me.  The rose strengthens as it goes longer into drydown.  

It's very girly, pleasant,  Nothing to complain about.

Tested from an ajevie slonk - this is DOMINATED by the rose cream but not in a way I find appealing.  The rose cream does not read as 'cream' but more like those rose bath cubes you can get in gift sets during the holidays. It's a type of rose scent I do not have fond feelings for, as it reads like cheap rose potpourri. And hooboy does this rose only get louder and more insistent as time goes on. This is the energizer bunny of frilly rose scents. If you're here for rose then you'll have a good time.

I do get a dusty, airy sort of sweetness that I interpret as the cotton candy floss, but the peonies and cognac struggle to make themselves known under the force of this very pink, very chipper rose. Not for me. I think I really will have to put all bpal rose note on the 'nope" list ☹️

Edited by Llanval

This is a bit shriller than expected with the rose and peony, the cream/cotton candy/cognac do not make this a smooth or soft blend for me. However, the airiness of it, the way it wafts, could be lovely on the right person.