Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ms. MSGirl

The Lowdown on Incense & Resin - The Best Recommendations

::Sigh::

I wish I got incense from All Saints...all I got was butteriness. It was kind of weird...nice, but not what I wanted. I envy everyone who got some serious church incense out of it. :P

Tushnamatay is like the smoothest sandalwood incense imaginable :P

Also Faustus - really really is smoke and the sweep of purple lined black velvet cloak!

And, strangely, King of Spades goes beautifully incensey on my boyfriend (why?). He wore it on Christmas day and we were at my mum's and I could just smell waves of gorgeous deep incense flowing from him... :D

I also second (third?) The Caterpillar, Aureus, Darkness.

Funnily enough I wore Chimera for the first time as an all-dayer today, and was struck by the incense note I hadn't noticed before.

Mmm incense....

:D

I'm in love with Ann Bonny already. I'm looking for dark, smoky, resinous bpal oils, preferably without any floral or fruity notes. Can you please recommend any for me to try?

I'm in love with Ann Bonny already. I'm looking for dark, smoky, resinous bpal oils, preferably without any floral or fruity notes. Can you please recommend any for me to try?

Cathedral and Penitence are both dark, resiny scents. :P

Oh, there are some really good ones - I think dark, resiny scents are what Beth does best!

Here are just a few:

Greed

Aureus

Blood Amber

Magus

Omen

Haunted

Sin

Fenris Wolf

Lust

Penitence

Yum!

Hey there!!! Here's a few that I just found out about:

Cathedral

Penitence

The Caterpillar

Aureus

The Coiled Serpent

Gaueko

Incantation

Loviatar (really more on the leathery side, which can sometimes be a good thing!)

Also, there's a LE All Saints that is suppose to be incredible! :P

**here's to the madness of incense!!!

*L*

Thanks everyone for all your wonderful incensy BPAL recs! I've got a big ole' order in and I'll be in incense heaven when it arrives!

Viva la' incense!

:P to everyone for such wonderful help! :D

I can't seem to find any solar oils....I must be looking in the wrong spot????

Could someone point me in the right direction? TIA!!!

***wandering aimlessly around

:-D

Whoops -- almost forgot!  All of the Solar Oils seem to have a frankincense and amber base.  :P

Could someone point me in the right direction?  TIA!!!

Whoops -- almost forgot! All of the Solar Oils seem to have a frankincense and amber base. :P

I think that t3andcrumpets is referring to the Stations of the Sun (Ra, Ahathoor, Tum and Khephra), which are in the Bewitching Brews category. Go to the very bottom of this page on the BPAL website.

I know they've been mentioned, but Cathedral and Penitence are Anne Bonny's triplet sisters, they're extremely similar. Penitence is the sweetest, Cathedral is the middle one and Anne Bonny is the driest. :D

I love all three of them! :P

Aureus is also nice, but it's not as dry as Cathedral, Penitence and Anne Bonny. :D

Rage is also a great dark incensy one! Mystery is a little more perfumey, like incense and floral perfume combined, but still noticebaly smoky.

-Rae

Oh thank you so much!!! :P

I feel another imp order coming on!

viva la incense!

Could someone point me in the right direction? TIA!!!

Whoops -- almost forgot! All of the Solar Oils seem to have a frankincense and amber base. :D

I think that t3andcrumpets is referring to the Stations of the Sun (Ra, Ahathoor, Tum and Khephra), which are in the Bewitching Brews category. Go to the very bottom of this page on the BPAL website.

Whoops -- this is what happens when I don't check all the threads. *headdesk*

I was referring to the four Stations of the Sun oils, PLUS Tarot: The Sun -- they all have a very similar base. Of course, the Stations' base is what used to be Sol, I'm willing to stake my precious imp of Sol. :P

So, another good one to try to get your hands on would be Tarot: The Sun... or Sol. *hoards imp of Sol*

Sin, Intrique, Blood, Lust, Vixen, Snake Oil, Hunger, Rakshasa, Morocco, The Coiled Serpent. Those are the incensy ones for me. :D Look for the blends that have Amber, Myrrh, Patchouli, Frankincense, Balsalm or other wooded notes. :P

One that I didn't see mentioned that smells very incensey to me is Maenad. It's incensey and fruity at the same time.

This is too similar for a new thread I think, but does anyone have suggestions for NON incensey ones? I can't STAND the smell of incense...even a tiny bit can completley ruin a scent for me :P

Purely, I'd ask a mod if you were safe to post a new topic if you're worried about it. I know there've been plenty of threads around here about people seeking non-incense blends.

The only one that immediately comes to mind has been merged with several others, but the first few pages are pretty relevant. Here ya go:

Try this!

I'm sure there're others, but they're slipping my mind right now. But like I said, the first few pages of that merged thread are relevant and it might be a good place to start. :P