Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I am glad to start the ball rolling by reviewig this one first. From the description, Go Slow is TOTALLY my jam. I love all the BPAL fizzyies and search for years for a whiff of a BPAL lime scent. 

The sloe gin is very much like the champagne note however it's drier and seems to mellow out quicker. The lime is expressing itself like the zest from the peel, delicous but not too sweet. 

It dries down to a realistic sloe gin.  I really like this one and may go for a second bottle before they go away. 

sparkling ginger not too strong, with a whiff of lime, i love it!

I almost blind bottled this, but I was like, what if the lime candy is like lime gummy worms? I shuddered at the thought, so I went with a decant.

Well, my bitch ass could have just blind bottled it. I am happy to report that there's no gummy worms here. It's more like lime hard candy and fizzy gin. And it's so fizzy! The lime is most noticeable during the wet phase of the scent, but it never completely disappears, although the gin really amps up its fizz with wear, and I feel like the lime becomes less candy-like over time?

I love this, but now, I am trying to tell myself, you already have Geek.Goth, do you really need another lime and fizz scent? :think: But the effervescence in this is definitely different from the soda fizz of Geek.Goth, and that's more lemon lime than straight up lime. Plus, this smells refreshing as hell and will be wonderful during the summer months. So I'll probably end up with a bottle. You know, the one I should have just bought in the first place.

GORGEOUS. A candy, fizzy, boozy lime. There is a hint of juniper, a hint of the sloeberry, and just a general delightful cheeriness. Not to sweet or too foody, though the booze is strong enough I MAYBE shouldn't wear it to work. Glad I picked this one up!

This is sweet in a delightfully tart way, but not too sweet. There's also definitely a bright fuzziness too it. It reminds me in many ways of a gimlet, and made with a gin I like, gimlets are one of my favorite drinks.

There is an undertone in there definitely reminiscent of ginger, which makes me think that it's one of the implied botanicals in the gin, and it adds a lovely bite and freshness to the scent. 

I'm very glad I decided to get some of this before it was gone.

Tangy, tart, lime candy dissolving into a fizzy gingerale with hints of cool, sweet, juniper-y gin.  I always really enjoy the Lab's gin scents and this is probably my favorite of the candy hearts blends.  I don't know how much I'll actually wear this, though, as I overwhelmingly reach for darker blends or vanillic gourmands, but I'm going to tuck away my decant for a 'maybe some day.'