Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This definitely plum and currant before champagne. I think I expected something a bit more fizzy and bright, which in retrospect seems silly for something called "femdom". Instead it is dark fruits with just a little sparkle to set them off. I think this, like many of the Lupercalia scents I recieved today, is going to need more time to open up in order to reveal all it's mysteries, but I am pleased and intrigued with what I smell so far.

I agree, this is darker than I expected, and the champagne is more of a supporting note.  Right now I'm undecided.  The plum and blackcurrant (more the plum, I think) are coming off as sour to me, almost like an acidic feeling.  It sweetens up a little after it's on the skin for a while.  This is challenging and I probably should set it aside for a while.  As it is now it's just kind of clashing on me, but maybe it will calm down with some aging.  

She's definitely not here to make me comfortable and as a concept I would call this scent very successful - there's a haughty feeling about it (or is that the power of suggestion?). 

PS - forgot to mention this turns weirdly powdery on me after about an hour.  It's not in a good way.  I'm going to blame the wild plum for all these shenanigans.  

Edited by forspecial_plate

In the bottle -  Very lightly boozy. A crisp, bubbly champagne note. Tart. The fruits are subtle and dry. Like wine grapes. I don't necessarily pick up black currant at all, but there is just a HINT, a BARE HINT of tart plummy-ness. For the most part its very champagney. Like a wine that's both sweet and dry. Very smooth.

Wet -  This is almost floral, but I can't actually place which flowers. Still very wine-like. Very crisp and dry champagne. Light and tart, as it is in the bottle. When I sniff my wrists I don't get any fruits, just the champagne. But wafting around me in a cloud is something fruitier. That's where the plum is. But it's very subtle. No black currant at all.

Dry -  Dries down very soft. Loses the crisp, tart boozy quality and just leaves something sort of reminiscent of fruit in it's sweetness, but nothing specifically plum, black currant, or wine grapes. Before this stage it was mostly the wine grapes coming through, the champagne is the dominant note and stays that way through every phase. There's still a bit of a softly fruity cloud around me with the barest touch of plum, but overall it's just that remnant of champagne.

The throw is pretty good while it's wet, but loses staying power as it dries. I guess this is how I find out that I amp champagne? XD Because that's the most dominant note for me.

So I will pretty much try any blend that has the lab's Champagne note; it is a favorite and never disappoints, but sometimes what's blended with it can. Blackcurrant and I are generally not friends, so I was a little concerned about this one, but it turns out that was not necessary because this is a Champagne/Plum blend on me! The blackcurrant is barely hinting underneath, providing the slight floral note I think others have detected. I love the lab's plum, so this blend is a real hit for me. I smell like elegant candy hearts/sweet tarts dropped into fizzy champagne. Love!! 

This is almost a plum single note on me. I can smell a little bit of blackcurrant, but none of the champagne. Overall the scent is a fruity, slightly heady, plum, the hint of berry making it more vibrant and juicy. On me, definitely more plum juice than champagne and plum.

Straight from the bottle it stinks imo. Didn't get a whiff of anything fruity. It honestly smelled like alcohol-based perfume that had gone rancid. However, after wearing it for at least five minutes now, the bad perfume smell has faded and the fruity notes have come through very nicely. I bet if I pair it with Whip, it will give a nice dirty tone to it. 

I had pretty much 0 expectation that this would be for me, as I don't really enjoy Whip or leather notes and haven't had much success with champagne. The plum and blackcurrant were my only hopes here, but I had the opportunity to swap for it, and that's what swaps are for! Risky trials! 

Much to my surprise, I REALLY enjoy this! Straightaway, it reminds me of Berlin Girls. Must be the leather/blackcurrant combo. Husband loves Berlin Girls on me, probably even more than I do, and there is a time and a place for that. :) It's got a nice cologne edge to it, slightly fruity, medium throw, just enough to remind me that I'm am in charge. 

This one I'm wearing for me today, to work, for some extra boss power. It's a little bold, inspiring, and empowering. And this is exactly why I love swaps!