Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Griotte, Lime and White Musk

This goes on with a bright cherry and lime, but the white musk quickly barrels through, hell-bent on becoming the dominant note. It is almost like a cherry limeade slush, but without all of the sugar. Alas, the cherry is pretty short-lived. It is never as strong as it was when first applied and drifts in and out of the blend. It becomes mostly about the white musk and lime, with an emphasis on the white musk. By the end of the day, the citrus-tinged white musk reminds me of the final drydown of La Joconde from Winter Travelogue update, if one were to replace the bergamot with lime.

I think this smells nice, but I really wish the cherry had been stronger and stuck around longer on me. But this test is after only a day of rest, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I get more cherry once it has had more time to settle.

Edited by doomsday_disco

A surprise love for me!! I was very curious about the griotte so I took a chance on this one and I'm so glad I did. The white musk is a real stunner- it is the thread holding this scent all together. The lime and sour cherry read almost candy-like to my nose, they are both present and accounted for throughout all stages on my skin! This is a beautifully balanced playful high-pitched flowered fruit scent and it makes me so very happy. Makes me think of the first flowers of spring :)

This quickly dries down to a sweet white musk. It's sweeter with a little more of a fruit note than the Lime & White Musk duet, but not much. I was really hoping the cherry would stick around longer.

This is more of a griotte scent on me. While I wouldn't describe it as a carbonated scent, the griotte has this airy quality to it. I can't decide if it's more champagne/bubbly like or almost like a bath bomb. I wonder if the white musk is resonsible for that, as I cannot pick it out on its own. I can just pick out the lime, but overall it adds a more fruity, slightly citrus edge to the griotte. Overall the scent reminds me of either a fruit cocktail soda, that's lost most of its carbonation, or a fruit cocktail bath bomb.  

I've never eaten a griotte. In this perfume, I smell sweet lime and white musk, and what smells like pink lime and lemon sour powder candy.

It smells like lemon lime pixie sticks and hand soap in a good way.

This is my first experience with griotte, in fragrance and otherwise. According to Mr. Google, griotte cherries are red, but smelling this gives me a distinct image of sour pink cherries with squeeze of lime. The perfect balance of sweet and tart, the white musk stays in the background supporting the fruits. This is not an effervescent scent, but I can see a comparison to bath bombs, specifically bath bomb dust. I worked at LUSH many moons ago, and this reminds me a little of cleaning the giant bins that held the products.

Fun, delicious, kinda sassy. With such prominent top notes, I didn't expect great longevity from this -- my skin almost completely devours this within an hour. I'd say it's worth reapplying, though!