Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

it's cherry, it's wine, and it's delicious!

the sour red cherry starts out aggressively dominant as usual, then it settles down into the familiar wine note (which always leans more sangria than wine on me.) it's very nicely balanced: the keen, higher-pitched cherry really tarts up those deep, fermented wine-fruits. and that deeply fruity, boozy, almost-musky wine helps tame the strident, sour cherry.   

if you enjoy cherry and wine notes, this is a no-brainer.  i imagined this perfume in my head before i tried it, and the reality aligns almost exactly!

Wet: Tangy, reddish pink cherry in sherry.

My hometown makes fruit wines locally, and I would say this is lighter and sweeter than the cherry wine I've tasted, and closer to sangria or another fruity cocktail.

It gets sweeter and less tangy and less cherry as it sits on my skin, which is too bad. There's something warm and a little chewy in this that reminds me of tobacco.

I really enjoy the novelty of this and I'm curious to see how my decant ages.

Edited by Biocarbons

Not what I was expecting. I was expecting a red wine with red cherry notes. It just smells like cherry and then cheap red wine. i am going to let this age a bit more.

This features a very bold cherry note floating over some red wine, so it's kind of like a boozed up cherry lozenge (but not in the same way as Spiced Cherry Bourbon -- I feel like this one is better than that one, as I didn't get liquid cough medicine vibes). It becomes less cherry-dominant and more wine-heavy over time.

It's not something I feel the need to grab more of, but I'm glad I decided to try it!

So, reviewing this straightaway after Cherry Incense and well, the two do not really compare. Even with the cherry top-note, the drydown takes these in two completely different directions. The cherry is slightly medicinal here, perhaps from the wine? I am not a huge fan of wine fragrances, besides Lilith and Sekhmet with its incense notes, and Blood Kiss which wins over this claws down. 

I usually enjoy the lab's wine blends, but this one isn't playing nice on my skin.  On me, it smells like a hellish concoction of cheap, tangy, red fruit punch that's been spiked with cherry cough syrup.  Leans medicinal and sour.