Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

White Chocolate, Mysore Sandalwood, and Lemon Peel

oh, this is fantastic, the sandalwood here is just lovely! it's like woody, sweet, and perfumey, with an aspect almost like a skin musk.  so good!

the white chocolate in this makes the sandalwood so creamy and sweet.  it's rich and delicious, but perfumey too... not for to be eating!  not chocolatey to me but ymmv etc etc.  the lemon peel gives it some bright lift, i think it's keeping this from being overly rich.  it's not lemony either, though.  when everything settles in together, it's just creamy, sweet, bright, woodsy, perfumey sandalwood. but not cloying!  i think i will really get some mileage out of this one in the spring/early summer. it's really wonderful! 

Edited by MamaMoth

This is...perfect.  White chocolate is very "non-chocolate" compared to the dark and milk chocolate. In "real" life, it has a high percentage of cocoa butter, but none of the cocoa  bits we traditionally think of as "chocolate".  Thus here it is not so much chocolate, as cacao buttery, adding  a luscious creaminess to the already stellar sandalwood.  The lemon peel is very light and adds just a touch of..joy.  

By far the standout in the Lupers for me. (Disclaimer- sandalwood is my most beloved note)

I was so scared of the lemon peel but I'm happy to announce I adore this. :heart: The milky white chocolate melts into the creamiest sandalwood you could imagine, the lemon reads more like sprinkled powdered lemon sugar, no sharp blinding citrus peels. As it dries, a bouncy marshmallow fluff emerges to replace the white chocolate, the fancy mysore gives this 6+ hours longevity. A woody peanut butter cup thing going on, not too sweet but Goldilocks JUST RIGHT. 

This is similar to Easter Egging from the recent Lilith's, minus the tea rose, mallow flower and other mysterious pastel pinkifiers. The lemon peel in this trio serves to cut the richness of the white chocolate that was allowed to reign free in Easter Egging. If the tea rose made you hesitant to try Easter Egging, look no further, this is sandalwood bliss. Will absolutely FS with next order. 💛

This is a sandalwood scent more than anything else, on me. But the lemon peel and especially the chocolate is still there. It reads as more of a milk, as opposed to white chocolate. Overall, a sweet and earthy sandalwood and chocolate mix, with just enough citrus to be noticeable. 

This one ended up being mostly about the Mysore sandalwood on me, lightly sweetened by the white chocolate, and given some lift from that hint of lemon peel. I find it to be very comforting and plan to use it as a sleep scent.

The decant is a keeper, but I have to see how much I reach for it before deciding whether or not I need more of this. I do think it is very nice, though!

Really lovely Mysore sandalwood here! The scent starts off with a lot of sweet white chocolate, on me, but the sandalwood becomes the dominant note as it dries down. The lemon just adds a bit of citrusy brightness to tone down the chocolate. It reminds me a bit of Like a Girl, but sweeter and creamier. 

This is one of my favorites of the past several years. The sandalwood and white chocolate are creamy and sweet and the lift from the lemon is just perfect. 

ETA: I smell like a gelato shoppe and I love it.

Edited by HerbGirl

Initially this made me think, 'huh! Ghost Milk!' and indeed it felt like a simpler sandalwood version, but dried down emphasizing the very smooth sandalwood. If you are like me and don't know your sandalwood, this is not the same as And Though They Are With You. It is equally lovely in its own right; a bit brighter or more textured sandalwood. 

White chocolate and creamy, buttery sandalwood with just enough lemon to balance things out. This is seriously delicious, and kinda smells like a Butterfinger. I did inadvertently fool my partner into believing I was baking while wearing this, so  you know, wear with caution or you might disappoint people.