Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Dark Chocolate, Coffee Bean, and Rum

When this first arrived I was only getting coffee bean from it - for a brief moment on initial application I got that hit of dark chocolate and coffee together that really floats my boat, but then the dark chocolate made a hasty exit stage left. There was a cloud of boozy rum that also quickly dissipated, and all I was left with was dupe of the Guatemalan Volcanic Coffee Bean SN.

Time, it needs time! I said. So today I revisit: the initial progression is almost the same, but now the rum transitions from outright boozy into what I think of as a warm and fuzzy rum scent, like in Zipline II (or at least in the same way that one reads on my skin) and the big hit of chocolate becomes a silky ribbon of chocolate in the background.

So it's ultimately very coffee bean forward, and quite nice as a trio, but it turns out I prefer cacao with coffee, bean on bean, instead of chocolate with coffee bean. TMYK 🌈

What it says on the tin. On me, it's a pretty equal mix of all three. I would describe this as more chocolate and rum flavored coffee than anything else though. All three notes combine together to make this an earthy, spicy foodie scent. It reminds me of the spiced coffee or Turkish coffee note in other scents.

The rum comes swinging out the door smelling a bit too much like butterscotch and the coffee bean shyly joins the debauchery, but retreats as fast as possible.

It’s heavy and bitter coffee on my skin! I don’t get dark chocolate because the coffee is so bitter itself but there is something vaguely sweet going on and there’s a bit of rum swirling around in there. But it’s mostly coffee. 

It’s hard to explain but it smells like the comedown of a holiday feast lmao. Like you’ve binged too much on chocolate and alcohol and you’re trying to stay awake through the party but you can’t help dozing off. When you wake up tomorrow, your memories of last night will be foggy and you’ll most definitely be nauseous!

It’s pretty rich and indulgent, not sure where I’d wear this but it’s definitely staying in my collection!