Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Dark Chocolate, Blackcurrant, Rosewater, and Apricot

A surprise - this is a chocolate scent I actually like! In the bottle, it is just a rich dark chocolate scent with a hint of soapy rosewater. On the skin wet, the rose and apricot notably amp on me (though the currant never made an appearance at any stage, as far as I could detect). It is still primarily a chocolate scent on dry down, but it unlike other dark chocolates it doesn't go plasticky or smell like a tootsie roll. The apricot and rose continue to be detectable, and give the chocolate note an interesting complexity. I got this bottle to share with a friend, and I wouldn't want more than the half bottle I have, but it is a pleasing surprise all the same.

Edited by crystaltongue

The most exquisite chocolate truffle, hand-piped with a velvety wild woodland brambleberry jam filling, enrobed with another layer of chocolate, embellished with freeze-dried bilberry pieces and rose petals. You’ll only find this treat deep in the forest at a pop-up stand run by hedgehogs with little purple jam-stained claws and sugar-crusted quills.

This smells like one of those fancy bars of chocolate, yknow that cost like $10 but they're sooo good... yummy dark chocolate is the star for sure at first but on the skin the blackcurrant and Apricot are quick to join the party, giving a dark pop of high class feeling fruit. Ms chocolate does not leave the room or go wierd on me, thankfully!! The rosewater doesn't really show up on my other than lending a slight 'maybe this is perfume and not to be eaten' vibe to things, but really I'd like to eat this scent at any stage. It's a choccy scent first and foremost, made dark, fancy and a lil fruity- just how I like it ;)

Despite being all chocolate wet, this is more of a rosewater scent on me. I would describe this as rosewater filled with blackcurrant, and a side of dark chocolate. I can't smell the apricot; I think it's adding to the blackcurrant, making the scent more fruity. Overall, a fruity rosewater scent, made warm by the dark chocolate.