Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Failmingo

DR. CALIGARI Scents & NYC Event

Howdy, all! I'll be traveling to NYC to sell our licensed Dr. Caligari (1989) perfumes at the Metrograph screening on March 4th, which will be the premiere of the film's full restoration. We'll have a little table in the lobby to vend before and after the screening.

Tickets are available here:

https://metrograph.com/film/?vista_film_id=9999003137

Due to our split with the house, we'll be selling these scents for $40 per bottle; later this spring they will debut on our website for $30. I figured at the very least, folks could come and test them all if they wanted to, so they know what to buy later on. If anyone has any questions about any of this in the meantime, please hit me up!

Here's the full list of perfumes: 

TONGUE WALL
Fleshy and fruity: guava musk, slick strawberry lip gloss, and blood-tainted digestive juices.

CALIGARI A-GO-GO
A fragrance inspired by the atmosphere and art direction of the film as a whole — its layers of grit and ooze, pop-art colors standing out against a starless void, clumps of debris, fake flowers, vials of mystery fluid, rumpled straitjackets and crisp lab coats. Green amber, jasmine bud, cotton blossom, eucalyptus, secondhand smoke, dirt, and petitgrain.

I KNOW YOU’RE WATCHING ME
The scent of full-blown nympho housewife hysteria: a smear of flushed, pearly skin musk splashed by a sophisticated vintage aldehyde perfume and drenched in the secretions of high-pitched arousal.

DOOM CAKE
A drug-induced vision of grabby, gore-slicked tentacles erupting from a facade of thick buttercream and lemon sponge soaked in cherry-flavored goo.

CANNIBAL SOLILOQUY
“I know what I am, but I know I’m not what I am. Beauty lives inside me. But oh, when beauty is trapped, it gets ugly…”

A perfume worthy of a fading Tennessee Williams heroine wandering through a mirror-maze of memories, only slightly singed from too many Electro-Convulsive Therapy sessions: wafts of burning frankincense rising from a hot-seat occupied by duelling champaca orchids, white amber, Sicilian mandarin, and bergamot.

SCARECROW BOYTOY
A lusty, bubbling cauldron of thick, black tar spilling forth from a pile of dusty straw and secondhand clothes.

XXX MEANS KISSES
“Life imitates bad art.”

A rare portrait of innocence and integrity amidst the corruption of Caligari’s asylum. Tart hibiscus, skin musk, shea, and the faintest whiff of nicotine.

MINTY ON MY LIPS
Even the brainiest femme fatale schemes are bound to collapse under the weight of a monstrous ego. The scent of defeat snatched from the jaws of success: a soft, satiny pink grapefruit punctured by a shiny metal drill bit.