Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Failmingo

Update: LE Price Increase

Hello, everyone. You may have noticed in the Luper launch that the prices have been modestly increased to $29. A quick note about that!

Please prepare for this to be the new standard. We're going to have to raise prices on a bunch of our existing licensed collaborations as well, since so much has changed since those original financial arrangements were made.

As I wrote elsewhere yesterday: in a world where the prices of basically everything else go up, ours need to as well. Maintaining the quality of our product demands it, paying and insuring our employees demands it, and neither of those are negotiable expenses for us. 

Every time BPAL's prices have gone up, it's been long overdue and only as a last resort. It's terrible to imagine losing customers as a result of choosing to stay in business, but we've already dramatically cut expenses wherever possible, including fully uprooting and moving families and employees to a more affordable location (very expensive in the short term, but truly the Lab's only hope for continuing to exist). 

I recognize that just as we have to keep our heads above water, so do our customers, and so even small price increases may ripple through other folks' budgets and leave them with some difficult choices. Fragrance is a luxury product, and everyone will have different estimations of what that's worth. We want to keep our products accessible to as many folks as possible, for as along as possible, and for those products to be as pure and trustworthy as possible, and to contain as much artistry as possible. The figures associated with those goals rule our lives. I'm sure many of you can relate in your own way.

Hopefully as a result of the move we'll be able to reorganize in ways that save money and forestall further price increases. But we gotta do what we gotta do, and will just keep trying to be worth the $$.

I apologize for not informing you earlier, we were very deeply embedded in Luper land last week, and I wasn't aware until launch day that THIS was the time when the change would be taking place. If you see anyone asking about it, you're welcome to refer them to this post.

TB

Sign in to follow this