Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

Honeycomb, Lemon, and Sugar Cane

This is so delicious. It’s pretty much what is says - lemon, honey, and sugar. The lemon is fresh and sweet and very much NOT lemon pledge - it smells like actual homemade lemonade or sweet lemon tea without the tea. It’s a little hard to distinguish between the sugar and the honey, but it’s a lovely sweetness - I don’t get wax specifically from the honeycomb, but a kind of wildflower honey - the light sweet kind, rather than the deep musky sort of sexy-times honey. It’s very lemon-forward to start and then the lemon seems to die down/meld with the sugar cane a little more. It feels very spring and summery to me, though I’ll happily wear it all year round. I may even consider a second bottle (I have way too much perfume as it is but I Iove this). 

This is pretty! It's a pale yellow sugar scent that turns golden yellow smelling as it dries and beeswax comes out. What it reminds me of is a honey lemon drink from my local boba shop, with crystal popping boba for extra sweetness. No tea, no tartness, just sweet summertime goodness. 

At first application, this is astringent lemon with sugar. And I don't mean tart; I mean almost lemon cleaner astringent. Lemon does tend to do this on me, so YMMV.

This does calm down more as it wears and the sugarcane lends this sweet layer, so that as it warms, it's reading more like a lemon slice dipped in sugar. I'm not getting any honeycomb at this moment. 

After 15-20 minutes, the honeycomb settles in and creates this beautiful, sweetly lemon blend that feels like a simple dessert that ends up being more than the sum of its parts.

Glad I have a bottle; hoping that the start calms a bit with some aging.

This is mostly a lemony sugar scent on me. I agree that it's like a candied lemon or sugared lemon slices. The honeycomb isn't like the Lab's other honey notes and doesn't really lend a honey sweetness to the scent... I think it is playing a similar role to the honeycomb in Snake's Kiss (which also featured honeycomb and sugar and the sugar was somewhat lemony to my nose). 

I think it's nice, but I also don't think I need more of it as I have a ton of lemon/lemon sugar scents as it is and I don't like this more than Who's Afraid? (whose spun sugar goes lemony on me).

A pretty perfect mix of all three on me. I get that more substantive sweetness of the honeycomb. The lemon is fresh, reminding me of a fresh cut lemon slice for tea. And the sugar is almost abrasive, I think between the lemon and the juxtaposition of the honeycomb. The sugar note here reminds me more of a coarse, less refined sugar. Overall, what it says on the tin, I imagine all the fixings of serving tea, without brewing the actual tea. Very pleased with this one, as a lemon lover.

This is such a delicious golden honeycomb scent, whew. The lemon starts out quite tart and realistic, but it calms down nicely, and I can also smell the sugar distinctly. But the way this wears on me is exactly what I was hoping for - the lemon and sugar accentuate the honeycomb, which is the featured note. Sweet sunshine in a bottle.

so pretty!  smells like yellow!

this lemon is so simple and fresh. not bitter, not astringent, not candied.  it starts off tart, but quickly settles into just the right balance of tart (not very) and sweet (pretty sweet, but not syrupy.)  i can't really distinguish the honeycomb from the sugarcane... the whole thing just smells like a lemon & honey drink that you made from lemons collected off the tree out back and sweetened with some very light (almost clear) wildflower honey from the farmers' market. i love a good funky honey note, but this is a million miles away from that.  there's no waxiness from the comb, either.

not unexpectedly, lemon never lasts very long on me so this is a fleeting pleasure.  i can't justify a bottle, since it's so short-lived on me.  and to be honest, pretty as it is, it's not really me. (i'm trying to be more judicious about my bottle purchases here.  life is hard.) but if you like sweet lemon scents at all, please get this and enjoy it for both of us. 

Edited by MamaMoth

I have a history of not liking honey, but I do like Snake's Kiss with its honeycomb, and the reviews for this made me want to try it.  I took a chance.  

The honeycomb here smells closer to just honey to me, and it's almost too much honey.  I don't hate it but it's like... "Yep that's honey".  I can smell the lemon, and I wish it was more lemony and less honey on me.  I can't really pick out sugar cane as a separate note. 

I'm undecided.  Like I said, I don't hate it and I even think it smells good, somewhat, but this is the MOST honey I can get away with wearing (IF I keep it).  I shall keep trying before I make a decision. 

I do love a sweet lemon scent! And that's exactly what this is: slightly tart, bright, sugared lemon! I agree with all the comments about it feeling like a homemade lemonade or lemon-honey drink. Very summery and fun.

Agree with everyone else noting that this one is summer sunshine in a bottle.  Wore it for a schmancy fundraiser yesterday; today, layering it with Honey & Neroli HG.  Anyway, this trio is absolutely amazing...somewhere between home-made old school lemonade, lemon slices sprinkled with sugar, and a bit of fresh cut honeycomb.  If you are leery of the Lab's beeswax note, I am not sensing any of it at all here, so slather away!  I almost couldn't make it out of bed this AM and woke up to no Internet (had to tether my phone to my work deck while half-awake) but after brushing my teeth and freshening up and a liberal re-application of this, my mood was much boosted!  And it really does lend itself to layering; glad that my eye fell on my bottle of Honey & Neroli HG.  Could also see layering this with some of the Shunga HGs from years past, especially the V*lvas.

Edited by Threemoons

I knew that I wasn't going to love this because honey + lemon will always make me think of cough drops and give me a medicinal impression.  My dad used to always buy the Ricola Honey & Lemon flavored cough drops and that's immediately what this reminds me of.  The honey is strongest on me, followed by the lemon, and I don't get much of a sugared impression.

Delicious Lemon Pledge candy. It’s that dark lemon scent made edible. Delightful, actually!

The honeycomb never makes an appearance for me. I think it just works with the sugar cane to make it candy. 

Edited by Estamets