Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

At Martynesmasse I Kylle My Swine

A feast of nuts: acorns, hazelnuts, chestnuts, and walnuts sweetened with

brown sugar, honey accord (it’s vegan!), and a dusting of cardamom.

This starts off with the nuts being the most prominent. I get walnut at first, but then the nuts swirl together and I can't really pick them apart despite being familiar with all of them save for acorns (but I do think I have at least one BPAL with that scent note *checks* yep, Mare Forecunditatis has an acorn note). The cardamom is there on initial application, but it really is just a dusting, and it's very short-lived on my skin. The vegan honey in this is a pale, thin variety. I imagine it's like these bees feasted on sugar syrup instead of the nectar of flowers. This thin honey ends up becoming the dominant note, backed by the nuts, but the scent stays pretty close to the skin on me. I applied this at 11:30 AM and was already debating reapplying it at 2:00 PM, but I resisted the urge in case the scent morphed. It did not. It's now 6:00 PM and I can't smell it at all anymore.

While this is a pleasant scent, I wish the cardamom had stuck around longer and that it had more throw and longevity. I'm going to set it aside for a few weeks and come back to it then, but right now, it's a like, not a love for me, and I'm being a lot pickier about what gets to stay in my collection.

P.S. I almost started this review by saying that this starts off with a burst of nuts and then realized that was maybe not the best choice of words. :lol: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

As one can imagine, definitely a nut smell. I mostly get chestnuts and maybe acorns. It's a mix of a woodsy nut and a sweet spice nut. If I focus, I can find the hazelnut and the brown sugar in the background, but I don't get the honey or the cardamom. Overall, this reminds me more of roasted nut, with a little bit of sweetness.

I wasn't sure about this one because brown sugar tends to be a death note for me, honey is iffy, and I'm getting kinda sick of cardamom showing up so much in the indie perfume world nowadays (I have cardamom fatigue.. but never clove fatigue, lol).  Nutty notes always have sort of a dry, wooden quality to them and this medley of nuts is like dry wood with hints of creaminess and toasted warmth.  There's a little bit of well-behaved spice in the drydown and a drizzle of honey over the roasted nuts.  It's soft and delicate, sitting close to the skin and only lasting a couple hours on me.  It has a cozy, foraging in the woods in early fall type of vibe and almost reads as a quality sandalwood type of smell on my skin at points.

Definitely nutty! It's a swirl of nuts; I can't really pick out distinctions between them. There's a little bit of spice, but it's not really spicy: just enough for a warmth. I'm not sure I really get the honey, but the brown sugar is adding some toasted dark sweetness, and it's definitely that darker sugar, not light or white. Good for autumn or generally chilly weather, I think, when you want to feel cozy.

It goes on strong, but it does fade quickly, which seems to be something I'm saying about a few recent bottles - not sure if it's me or just a succession of scents that happen to fade fast!

This is a nut scent lovers dream. It’s got them all topped with some honey and sugar to keep it yummy. I love scents with nuts and didn’t see this when it first came out but glad I found it now. So delicious. The throw is good and lasts about 4 hours on me. Such a surprise! 🐷🌰🐽😊