Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dusty stone and creaking oak floorboards, frankincense smoke, crumbling vellum,

beeswax drippings, fossilized amber, and soft, brown, hand-worn leather.

First applied, this is soft vegetal leather and dust. The beeswax is present but understated. There is golden amber as well. This immediately makes me think of the Ninth house from the Locked Tomb series: an ancient and kind of shabby place intended for meditation. Though this doesn't have any bone accord, of course.

Amber appears to be winning. It smells like a dim study trapped in amber now.

On drydown it's a bit more of a wood cologne in an amber lighted study.

Edited by patina

I get the dusty stone, frankincense, and leather at first (which smells cracked to me), but then the scent ends up morphing into a musk bomb on me. It's a dark musk that's possibly infused with another fruity musk, with a little bit of funk to it, perhaps from the fossilized amber, which I'm side-eyeing from my experience with Mommy's MI6 Agent (although I had no problems with it in Lilith de Milo).

I'm not sure why this became so musky on me. I was here for the stone and the book notes, but the musk is just too much.

I was really hoping for more beeswax, but I can barely smell it at all.  Instead, this is a dusty stone and frankincense scent with soft brown leather and maybe some dusty wood but not specifically oak. It reminds me a little of Adam but with a softer leather.  And then it is subject to the curse of all library-adjacent scents on me and disappears almost entirely within an hour or so.