Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

Einzelne Häuser (Häuser mit Bergen)

anyone who enjoys pine pitch, red musk, and sandalwood, (hi, it's me) should not pass on this one, because they all work together really perfectly here.

it goes on strong with the pitch, and as it settles in various elements take a few moments in the spotlight.  charry sandalwood pops out first, then with the next sniff a smooooooth, sweet red musk is stealing the show.  next time, there are prickles of pine rising to the surface.  sniffed again, i get very clear hits of a husky, woodsy vanilla.

eventually everyone joins hands and i find myself radiating a cloud of smooth, sweet, musky, woodsy, pitchy wonderfulness.  there's a a sweet tarry char pushing up from underneath to give it some texture, but it really is just so smooth, and surprisingly sweet. with a twisted arm i might say that red musk is the most prominent note, but it's really the sum of its parts.

i'm not doing it justice. i like it a lot.

Everything @MamaMoth said, I echo!

Several BPALists raved about this one, and I was anxious to get my hoardy little hands on it. I could swear there's labdanum in this, but alas, none listed. There's a fizzy cola quality for me in the beginning, but it smooths out into this incredible amalgamation of sharp and sweet, musky and woodsy, charred and resinous. None of the notes are screaming out individually (maybe the red musk, just a little, but this is a young bottle), so this blend is truly a magnificent sum of its parts.

Stupid skin chemistry.  Wet, Einzelne Hauser is frankly unpleasant, medicinal, like liniment.  Red musk very occasionally presents this way on me, and I think it's also interacting badly with the charred sandalwood.  After about 40 minutes it's bearable, and eventually it becomes a pleasant dry blend of smoky sandalwood, red musk and pitch, but it's not worth the time to get there when I have so many other scents that work beautifully from the get-go.  I WISH I could "find myself radiating a cloud of smooth, sweet, musky, woodsy, pitchy wonderfulness" like MamaMoth and elissamay!

Just getting around to trying my decant of this. Holy moly this is gorgeous...and strong! The throw keeps vavooming into the 2nd hour 😳 which is intense. 

The sandalwood and terebinth are strongest on me, the vanilla is a sweet afterthought and the red musk is a nice bottom layer.  I really like this.