Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Full disclosure: I typically do not enjoy scents heavy on caramel, rum, or pecan, so this one was not likely to be my cup of tea.

Annnd sure enough, it is a very sticky, nutty, maple-y sort of scent, and by far the strongest of this year's three Black Friday exclusive imps. It's like a sticky bun without the bun, very maple-y/toffee-like with the sweet nuttiness from the pecan. 

And it is not for me. But if it is something you would like to smell like, rejoice, because it has some serious staying power and throw.

This one starts out with loud and sharp booze and burnt sugar, but slowly settles down into a sweet, nutty, and maple-y scent. The rum is there, but it's not as loud and aggressively boozy as it is in the imp. Not a fan of the opening stage, but the post-drydown is pleasant. Like Pecan Pie Oud's sweeter cousin. 

Edited by puellacaerulea

My skin normally doesn't do well with any drop of a boozy scent, but it soaks this one up. 

I'll probably run out of this by summer. I have it in my coat pocket and just dab it on when I need a sweet pick me up. 

In the bottle, the rum comes forward first. 

Wet, there's a little hint of something fruity in there, I almost think it might be quince, but maybe it's just from the ginger cake?

Dry, very mellow sugary sweet. A warm caramel and pecan. 😋

In the Imp: Sweet and boozy!

Wet: Still sweet, still boozy, a bit of spice is starting to come out.

Dry: The pecans are definitely caramelized. This is sweet and mildly spicy. The booze has burned off mostly, leaving just an edge. Kinda like how vodka sauce doesn't actually taste like vodka, but it adds that *something* that makes it so palatable.

This perfume is a butterscotch dream. It makes me want to buy pecans so I can make pecan lacies. It's beautifully foodie and not at all cloying on my skin.

Wet, I got a lot of cherry-like rum. Strong and boozy! As it dries, the caramelized pecans come out more and take center stage. The cake note is rich and packed full of brown sugar.

This would be great for a cold winter night. It's fairly straightforward after the rum fades away so it'd probably be good for layering if you want to add a sugar/pecan bomb to anything.

I typically don’t own scents with an alcohol or weed component because I work with children lol. But I received a gift of this and I’m glad to at least try it out. I wouldn’t say it has a particularly heavy rum presence but it is there. It’s a buttery rum combined with thick lashes of caramel and a lovely pecan note. I’ve never had rum cake, so for me, this gives sweet, rich pecan pie with a shot of rum! It’s quite strong at first application so we’ll see how it calms down. 20 min later: It does calm down but retains the original scent of pecan pie with rum and caramel. More of the baking spices, like cinnamon, also come out. I also get the maple that others mentioned. A comforting baking/foodie blend!

Wow, the spices from the rum, the slight burnt note to the caramel, and the nuttiness of the pecans combine together to make a almost caramel coffee note. This is absolutely delicious! I'm normally very wary of foodie scents, because they tend to be too heavy and cloying for my tastes, but this is absolutely my favourite out of all three Black Friday samples. It's rich, and yet balanced and complex. The sugar isn't overwhelming at all, and it doesn't smell buttery at all. I kind of honestly want a big bottle of this.