Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I don't think I'm the best person to do a first review as I'm rubbish at picking out notes, but I had to order this as soon as it was live because I was so tickled by the idea of it!

In the bottle and on first application, you can smell the tomato with bit of greenery on the top of it, with the real tomatoey scent coming out once it's been cut into lovely thick slices. On my skin, the pepper is really hiding so it's more a sort of 50/50 tomato & soft patchouli that's holding on fairly close to the skin. Not a huge throw.

The whole thing is evoking the sort of feeling of being in a kitchen, loved and cared for by someone very dear, holding you close in a well-worn but soft wool jumper. Not unlike having a bowl of soup after a walk in the cold, really. I may very well order a second bottle.❤️

that tomato note is so much fun. i don't necessarily want to wear it as a perfume, but i delight in experiencing it.  to me it smells so much like fuzzy tomato stems, it really is uncanny!

this soup starts off bold with tomato stems, but that gradually recedes and a very soft earthy patchouli peeks out.  it doesn't strike me as peppery, or not like a pepper note i'm used to.  but the tomato seems especially piquant so that's probably down to the pepper.  the whole thing goes meek after a bit, with earthy gentle patchouli underneath and a whispy, green (but sharpish) vegetal layer on top. 

definitely hanging on to this decant, so i can break it out when i want to show someone how kooky and amazing bpals can be. 

OooOoo I really like this one.  It’s much more fresh than I was expecting.  Not fresh in a soapy way, but more like a realistic fresh herb /garden scent.

it smells like rubbing a tomato leaf plucked from a garden in between your fingers and sniffing it immediately. 

then it gets brighter - a little too close to celery as the scent blooms.  (I’m very sensitive and iffy with green notes though so you can probably take that with a grain of salt if you aren’t) 

then as I notice the peppery ness come out more, that sort of mitigates the celery scent and pulls it back to garden herb tomato leaf territory - except now there’s a faint fresh tomato scent in there just starting to peek out from beneath. It really smells like a garden tomato, it’s so wild.  

There’s a bit of a soil smell to this as well - I shift between this smelling like a freshly blended cold soup of garden peppery greens and a little fresh red tomato, or maybe it’s a very garden fresh salad?,  or maybe I’m like leaning into a tomato plant in a garden and smelling the whole plant growing with some tomatoes and all, and the fresh soil it’s growing in too. (Not like the soil of zombi and the like, which goes very floral on me) - more of an earthy patchouli kind of a thing, which I prefer. 

Anyhow, it’s wonderfully fresh, realistic, snappy, and nice.   Mostly a peppery green tomato leaf/plant smell with the tiniest kiss of soil and fresh tomato.  

It leans a litttleee too celery ish on me in some ways , but also wayyy less celery than other scents in this wheelhouse I’ve tried so far.  It’s also lingering very nicely too, like I can’t believe I’m still smelling the fresh tomato leaf so prominently.

I think I might need to FS the Soup 🤔  I could see this being an oddly addicting relax/focus/sleep scent.  (If I can stop sniffing it that is : P ) 

edit like an hour later:  hmm maybe more testing is needed, I thought it was done going through all its phases, but a Final Phase happened that I’m not sure is for me just yet.   It becomes like a watery slightly green sheer fresh cracked peppercorn musk - it smells very good but the pepper really amps on me over much with a wide projection.  

I thought the soft earthy notes that were smoothing things out would settle as the base, but they have disappeared and I’m getting cool plant water and pepper that needs constant attention.  

I’m gonna test this more and put a little less on to see how it fares or if I’m just gonna keep amping the pepper no matter what.   Not giving up on you yet Soup! 

Edited by Viiinylflowers

In the decant: Tomato plants with the merest hint of patchouli earth.

Wet: Tomato plants.

Dry: Tomato plants plus! I don't necessarily get any obvious patchouli, but there is an earth element to this that I'm going to assume is the patchouli. I don't get pepper, but that's a plus since pepper usually smells like pencils on me.

I actually really like this. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's the smell of summer, when the tomatoes are starting to fruit and the growing heat makes the plants fragrant. I almost want a bottle of this just to see how time brings out the patchouli. At the very least, I will leave my decant alone and see how it changes.

This is definitely more tomato leaf than tomato flesh to me. And surprisingly wearable! Earthy patchouli with tomato leaf and I swear a bit of an evergreen note that pushes this from a summery scent to a more wintry one. The black pepper is rather quiet on me. It reminds me a bit of the Tomato, Patchouli Root, and Cedar Bean ménage.