Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

New Year’s Kitty Tea Party

Clotted cream and strawberry rhubarb jam scones, apricot and ginger panettone,

saffron sticky buns, cinnamon sugar pecan rolls, and cups of steaming hot tea.

In The Bottle: That ginger pannetone is a force to be reckoned with, and it leaves no room for anything else!

Wet On Skin: This is a bit like Crumpet Rebellion and Eat Me and Blackberry Jam and Scones in terms of tea and baked goods and accouterments that go with them....

...But then, on drydown, the saffron and rhubarb throw a bizarre wrench into the mix, making this scent a cousin of the afore-mentioned whilst also going somehow off the rails. I can't quite get a handle on it, and I'm okay with that. If you're a fan of those other baked-good scents, definitely put this on your list, as it'll be right in your wheelhouse. Medium throw with a sweetness that's less sugary than one might expect but still suuuuuper foodie, this is a scent for going to brunch, or doing some weekend baking or wearing when you want a good scone but can't (or don't) have access to any. :yum:

Bright tart strawberry/rhubarb, with ginger baked goods.  Sweet and tart at the same time, and just lovely.  

Love this! I can't pick out a particular scent, but it blends together really well. Of course, my post-Covid nose is messed up. I think the above poster got it right, with a tinge of the tea in the background.

Strawberry rhubarb scones, with a little bit of sweet spice. The rhubarb is strongest on me and it's very sweet and jammy. The strawberry is noticeable, but is more playing support to the rhubarb. I don't get the tea. I do get the ginger, saffron, and cinnamon, though they blend together on me to make this spicy baked goods note that is the background. Overall, a very sweet, jammy rhubarb scone scent, with strawberry and spicy sweets in the background.

This starts off strongest on the strawberry rhubarb jam on me, backed by the apricot and ginger. I don't really get the crumb of the scone, but I think there might be some toasted sugar at play like you'd find on top of a scone, or maybe I was just imagining it when smelling the jam. I don't get the cinnamon sugar pecan rolls (I'm glad about that after the last few pecan scents I tried where the pecan was sickly sweet on me), saffron sticky buns, or a tea note, but perhaps they'll emerge with age. This settles into mostly strawberry jam with hints of apricot and ginger by the end of the day (the rhubarb didn't stick around).

I blind bottled this for the art and it being a tea party scent (but I ordered it with my decants, so I waited to try it last). I like this, but I think I would have been content with just a decant. But since I already have the bottle with its amazing cat art, I'll keep it around and see if the other notes pop up with more aging. But if they don't, that's okay -- the strawberry rhubarb jam in this is really nice (and we don't see rhubarb pop up as a scent note very often)!

Oh yeah, this one is so incredibly foody. The berry aspect of it is lovely, and I can detect that kind of doughy note I love, just a bit. It's making my mouth water a bit with how realistic the jam note is?? Which has never happened in all of my history with perfume. I'm craving a jammy doughnut with some delicious sugary dusting and a flaky dough.

I wish I got as much baked goods as the others. I get strawberry and rhubarb jam which is a tart fun scent but it’s not what I was hoping for. If any of the baked goodies came through I’d be happy. It also had low throw and staying power so that’s a bummer too. Cute label though 🐱🐱

I'm joining team jam here, which I'm pretty happy with. There's absolutely a rhubarb note in here, not as strong as I was hoping for, but nice and tart, I can't pick out the apricot but I think that's helping, and I am getting a decent amount of strawberry as well. I think there's a bit of a baked good base, but not as strong as say the labs sufganiyot scents. i want to say I'm getting a tea note as well, but on me this is closer to a jammy linzer tart than a scone or pecan roll note, sweet with something buttery underneath. I don't think I need a full bottle, but i'd say give it a shot if for nothing more than to see what notes pop out for you!

🫖 🐱 This Kitty Tea Party opens with a bit of ginger spice and A LOT of fleshy rhubarb. The rhubarb and subtle apricot add tanginess to the scent, elevating the baked goods tray from a warm simplicity into a multifaceted experience. When sniffing blind for the first time, it smelled like cranberry scones to my nose! As it dries I mostly detect a saffron prominent waxiness, with a strawberry note that isn't quite as juicy or jammy as I would like. Considering the amount of spice + bready pastries listed as scent notes, it's neither a super doughy or spicy scent. The warm tea must be a decaf fruity offering, the kind with little desiccated strawberry pieces, as I don't detect any bitterness or astringency. This does line up well with the New Year’s theme of transitioning away from the heavier butter-laden, spice-on-steroids infused treats and more towards an upcoming Springtime tea party. Overall this is a scent that can be worn during those in-between days where you crave a little warmth but not as much as you did two months ago. 🧶 🐈 Throw is low/medium, longevity ~3 hours.

Edited by MonBon