Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In The Bottle: The gilded lavender, followed closely behind by the night blooming flowers.

Wet On Skin: Lavender is still out in front, with undefinable flora in the background. The lavender at this point weaves in and out, sometimes dominant, then moments later, going into the background, then popping forth again.

Dry Down: The mood shifts and at last, the blue musk emerges. This is not the dark, inky blue musk of Night, and to be truthful, at first I was disappointed, because Night is my favorite blue musk scent EVER and I wanted another like it. HOWEVER, having said that, this scent has proven to be just lovely. The night-blooming flowers have sifted and I get a spicy phlox somewhere in the mix overlaying that blue musk fougère. The lavender has basically flown the coop, and the orris never even entered the picture. But what remains is a heady spiced musk of medium throw, maximum sexiness and zero gender preference. Not at all what I was anticipating, but I'm SO glad I made the purchase just the same! :luv2:

This is all about that lavender for a spell with a blue musk softening the edges. It's like if Yvaine had a brother, but more gender neutral I guess. It doesn't last long on me, but is reasonably pretty. I agree there is a bit of spice somewhere in there. Pink pepper, is that you? 

There is a bit of Midnight on The Midway here, lavender replacing the incense and no laundry or ozone notes.

Much BPAL, such pretty. I like it.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Lavender and orris root, with pale florals in the background. The orris root just surpasses the lavender in being the strongest note. The lavender is right behind and is more of a 'wet' lavender, on the slightly medicinal side, not so much a floral note, especially in comparison to the light, white musk floral note that serves as the scent's background. As the scent wears, the lavender fades a bit, mixing more with the other florals. Overall, an orris root and lavender duo, surrounded by the light musk of pale blossoms.

Shimmery blue musk featuring a calm lavender supported by a bouquet of mostly white feeling flowers. The orris root lends a soft, pillow like cushion to a mostly gauzy feeling cologne.

This is very well blended and gives the impression of a lofty, vintage fougère.

I get the lavender and blue musk fougere the strongest in the beginning, with the orris root joining in after a bit and increasing in strength with wear. It ends up being a slightly powdery orris and blue musk fougere on me, with a mostly faded lavender note, on a bed of soft flowers by the end of the day.

Orris and I are generally not friends, but I don't find it to be offensive here, although the lavender not holding its own against it throughout wear (at least on my skin) means this one wasn't a win on me. I'm glad I decided to try it, though.

This leads with lavender in the decant, with white florals and luminous blue musk behind it. As it wears, it's mostly a lavender-heavy twist on white floral blends, with the orris adding a slightly powdery softness. It's pleasant enough, but doesn't really wow me. This might work well for someone who likes the idea of white florals but tends to find them too loud -- the lavender and orris keep the florals from getting out of hand.

Lavender here being the strongest note,  this is a very pretty purplydarkblue men's cologne. The white florals go crazy wet on me, but creep to the background, adding this lovely soft mystic mood.