Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Ok, this is weird.

It's definitely an interesting, teeter-totter mix of foodie and floral, but also kind of... woodsy?  Initially I get a ton of frosting like buttercream, and the sandalwood supports this with a bit of chewy smokiness.  The main floral I'm getting is actually the gardenia.  There are sparks of Sugar Skull's sugar throughout, and then gardenia makes the floral more sassy.  The tropical floral background is not overpowering and it adds a floof, like tutus, but overall this remains mostly a lightly floral foody vanilla buttercream.  It's very interesting, I don't think I need more than one bottle, but I'll see how this ages.  It's definitely quite unique.

The vanilla sugar and buttercream really read as 2011 boo! to my nose!! This is not floral to me- but the gardenia is fresh and light and mimics boo!'s linen note. It's literally boo! with a bit of delicate white sandalwood. 

In the bottle and wet on skin, this scent dives fully into intense gourmand territory, with the sandalwood and gardenia only really coming out to play after full drydown. I am reminded during certain states of the Weenie Single Note, Clown White, and I suspect there's a note or two in common between these scents, which would be on-brand since, you know, clown. Whereas that scent leaned from vague sweetness into the appealing chemistry of stage fog or pancake makeup, this leans more into the general vibe of an old-fashioned Italian clown situation and the difference is that this is a scent that is enjoyable beyond just the novelty aspect. A light, vaguely dusty scent with low throw, this is a scent for cuddling up with a book on a Sunday afternoon or a walk through a park on a balmy spring day. It's really nice and unassuming, and sometimes gentleness is what we need most. ❤️ 

Welp, my skin isn't doing graceful things with this. In the bottle it is heavier on the buttercream and sugar notes, yes like Boo a bit! On my skin it duds out to a something vaguely vanilla powder, orris adjacent with a touch of floral, but just weirdly.

I'll let it age. Should've known the sugar and buttercream would wonk it out on me. But definitely hop on this train if you do well with these notes, I bet on the right skin this is an excellent lab winner.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Knew the tuberose was going to be the difficult sell on my skin. It billows out, sort of elaborately, and gives (along with the buttercream) a really funny and accurate feeling portrait of clown antics, all caked up and sugary and a little fake. Which I sort of knew. But you know, I really do like a good gardenia note, and this is perfectly blended to tone down into something more pleasantly smooth, kinda coasting along on a gardenia-sugary cream sandalwood. The tuberose is there, still being a little too brightly cute, but it's not dominating the drydown. 

This goes on as a blast of buttercream, that truly does smell like buttercream (unlike the buttercream in Lavender Buttercream, IMO), and it's accompanied by lots of tuberose. The tuberose is heady and has what I can only describe as a somewhat grape-y headiness to it that I dislike. After a while, it does calm down somewhat and I get more of the gardenia, and the sandalwood resides in the background the whole time as a base for these frosting-slathered petals. I like it more during this stage, when there's more gardenia than tuberose.

I generally love flormands, and this is definitely one of those, but I guess I only appreciate tuberose in the more mainstream-leaning scents like Ava and Butterflies, Flowers, and Jewels Attending.

I get only buttercream and vanilla sugar. I was really expecting some serious white flowers action. I sniffed and sniffed the drydown incessantly, but no sign of the gardenia or tuberose.

This is like an edible and romantic flowered clown lmao.  I don’t know how to describe it. 

The clown aims to please and is covered in sweet vanilla buttercream and holding a bouquet of tuberose. (It ultimately leans more gardenia which isn’t my favorite, but it’s a gentle note) 

You can smell the face paint just a bit, mingling with the floral and warm buttercream frosting 🤣

Edited by Viiinylflowers

Huh! Not at all what i was expecting. In the bottle i get a strong slapintheface of that buttercream, sugar and something white (like wet facepaint). Still getting that strong wet facepaint, not getting any florals and the sugar and buttercream are waaaayyy in the background. Like. I can't smell this unless i get wayy up close. Whyyyyyyyy

Surprised to get mostly vanilla buttercream, even in my skin. As it settles the florals start to creep out but they are really subdued by the buttercream, not big and heady at all. It is a truly lovely combination though.