Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A pudding-inspired Dionysiac frenzy: brandy-soaked sweet figs, black and red currants,

brown sugar, brandy, dates, ground nutmeg, and a swig of blackberry wine.

Allllll boozy fruits, sweet and juicy. The little bit of astringency from the wine hits at drydown, with the brown sugar molasses-y note and nutmeg starting to join the party.

This is just lovely! 😍

I am not a fan of overtly gourmand scents and this does not go there for me at all. Straight out of the bottle, I was afraid this would be an instant destash. That is not the case. As soon as I put a little on my wrists tonight, I was enveloped in a very fruity, definitely boozy punch. Very sweet when wet, but as it settles that fades and you get a sharpness from the wine. At drydown, I get dark fruits simmered in red wine with a touch of molasses and pie spices. 

An unexpected Yule M.V.P. for me. ❤️

Boozy old-fashioned fruit punch! Which I mean in a good way. I'd say it's not as immediately "holiday-ish" as Yuletide Revenge Tale or Pom Cider - it feels more year-round evening party to me, something with wine and brandy, sweet dates and figs, colors of dark brown and dark plum, textures of velvet and warm companionable firelight while everyone plays some sort of old-fashioned (but brandy-and-fire-and-fruit related!) drinking game like snapdragon! It *could* be a holiday party scent, but it doesn't have to be. It's not overly spiced or overly sweet, just warm and inviting - I could wear this to our local DickensFest, perhaps!

Boozy fruit punch. I don't get any spice and the sugar just adds to the fruit and berry notes. Very juicy and fresh, and with a fair amount of wine. None of the fruits really stick out on their own, instead all working together to give the scent a fresh squeezed quality to it. This is one of my favorites from this year's yules, great mix of fruit/berries and booze.

This is boozy sugar and currants in the decant. It doesn’t change much from wet to dry: a fruity, sweet musk, very Bath & Body Works. I’m getting a bit of wine, but no spice.

In the decant: Nerds candy.

Wet: Vaguely fruit punch. My skin's gonna eat this up, isn't it?

Dry:  Fruit punch perfume. Quiet, but not bordering on invisible. No nutmeg, no booze. No specific fruits. At least the brown sugar doesn't come out swining like it normally does on me.

In the "my skin chemistry" vs "fruity perfume" match-up, my skin is undefeated this season. *sigh*

Brown sugar is becoming a death note in perfume for me.  It's too cloying, too warm, too much, and too often turns to a weird maple syrupy scent on my skin.  It's turning to maple syrup here, sprinkled with spicy nutmeg, and I think I'm getting a mix of the blackberry wine and tart, sour red currant.  It does giive off a tart fruit punch scent, but doesn't really smell juicy, it's more dry and candied.  Fades quickly to a whiff of plasticy red berry scent on my skin.