Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

One Good Turn Deserves Another

Middling sweet and chestnutty! I definitely also get the wood. Not especially smoky, but sweet and cozy. Unsurprisingly, reminds me of Chestnuts and Heart Smoke or Gingerbread Wolfman; I'll try to remember to directly compare it with at least the former, and edit my post.

Nutty, but not too sweet. It smells like the lightly scorched shell of a chestnut. I don't know if it's my cold acting up, though, but this has very little throw. It's a very mild scent, which is a pity, because it's absolutely lovely. Great for someone looking for a campfire-y, nutty smell that isn't too foody.

Yummy yummy chestnuts, delicious sweet food goodness. Imagery of glorious Christmas desserts

roasted chestnuts, pure and simple!  lightly scorchy, but not aggressively so. not really smoky.  nutty, but not foody.  it starts off almost too nutty for my personal tastes, but settles in more gentle and a little bit woody. low throw. a very cool scent! 

In the decant: Nothing.

Wet: Something? A bit of smoke? Let's rub it in and give it a minute.

Dry: There you are! Ok! I'm getting a subtle, warm, woody, smokey scent. I've only had water chestnuts and I do not smell them in this. I don't notice anything nutty at all, which is a bit of a bummer since I like food smells.

This is a low-key but pleasant, curl-up-on-an-overstuffed-armchair-to-read-a-book kinda perfume. I won't need more than my decant, but I will enjoy it during this neverending rainy season.