Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I almost missed this one because I thought it might be too similar to Frog Moon (even though I love Frog Moon), but I'm glad I took the chance because this is THE poisoned apple scent I've always wanted.  it's not an apple single note by any means, the other notes darken it up quite a bit and as it dries it becomes a much more complex scent, but it really does give off that deadly "green" vibe that you'd want from something called "Murderous Frogs."  These froggies are packing poisoned fruits and green tea and aren't afraid to use them, and it is oddly pleasant.

Frog murder initially smells like some kind of green gummy candy.  I've never had Haribo Frogs, but I think this is what they'd smell like. I'd compare this to a  less tart Black Apple of Saturn. Oakmoss can be choking on me, but for now its barely peeking out. This green poisoned candy apple has some sleek dark depths to it.

Equal parts apple and patchouli. The apple is definitely green, being more of a tart note. The vetiver and green musk are not noticeable on me. They play a supporting role for the patchouli, making it more rooty, earthy, and green in this scent. The tart, sweet apple and the spicy, earthy patchouli compliment each other really well. Unfortunately, not to my taste, I was more hoping for an apple dominated scent.

This is fun! Fresh on, it reminds me of apple zots. Bright and fun. As it dries the apple fades far into the background and the scent nearly disappears. It rights itself after a few minutes and the apple is mellowed - by what, my nose can't tell.

On my skin, this is all Varying Shades of Apple. It would be good for a girl in grade school who wants to smell like her idea of a teenager. 

starts off sharply green and musky, with tart peel-y green apple featuring prominently. there's some nice earthiness at the base.  promising! 

as it settles in, it gets less sharp and tart, more dry and velvety from the oakmoss and earthy from the patchouli. the apple slides into the green musky earthy murk and leaves just a wee little touch of tartness in its wake.  the matcha is briefly present, a bit of musty green tea. i don't track vetiver specifically, though the patch is particularly earthy/dirt-like so i might be catching some vetiver there.  no mandarin to speak of.

what it eventually hunkers down into is rather more oakmoss and less apple than i was looking for.  i was hoping for something like a musky variation of the vetiver/patch/apple trio, but oakmoss almost always does me dirty. though it's not my cuppa in particular, it's not unpleasant, and might be especially nice on a fella.

Edited by MamaMoth

Wet: Granny Smith apples

Semi-dry: matcha and patchouli

Dry:

L wrist- Oakmoss, vetiver, musk

R wrist - apple, patch, oakmoss, vetiver, musk

This is a morpher on me.  It started out like  freshly cut tart green apples, turned in to a sweet tea smell, then becomes a very clean green smell.  The patchouli is sweet but not dirty or funky.  Vetiver and I have a love hate  relationship but it didn't veer in to smoked meat territory or wet dank.  My friend described it as a clean green unisex veering toward masculine smell on me after dry down.

This isn't my normal type when it comes to clean smells--I'm in to aquatics--but I enjoyed this.

I am a sucker for musk, so green musk was a little new to me but something I had to try. And I'm glad I did. Green apple tangy tartness grounded with sweet musky and vetiver vibes and a lovely earthy patch. I find the matcha in the early stages if I look for it, and it works so nicely with the apple.

This stuff is GOOD! It starts out smelling very boozy in the imp, like a cross between two of my favorite cocktails to make at home, a Poisonappletini and a Liquid Christmas cosmo (despite not picking up anything remotely cranberry in this)

Wet, it’s initially cucumber peels with a touch of apple. Then the patchouli shows up and it’s a much earthier patch than I’m used to, followed by the matcha. Then it all kind of settles into something that can only be described as green. Just green and glorious. 

I think I might need a bottle!

*edit*
I reviewed this last night before it had a chance to fully dry down, and dry this is a light green tea with really nothing else hanging on. It sounds boring but it smells super delicious and I can stop huffing myself. 

Edited by AbbyNormal

This is weird on me in that it doesn't really hang on on my skin, it starts out with a very strong blast of a very green apple, almost in a green apple schnapps sort of way, a little artificial but still nice and tart. The patch comes out as well mingling with the apple when wet. However this all changes in dry down, the apple dips out of the picture, and a strong tea note comes out, backed by the oakmoss and perhaps some vetiver. And hour or two later and it's almost gone, there's a shadow of a patch-oakmoss-vetiver combo that hangs on, but it's faint, like I washed my hair with a very nice shampoo that doesn't tend to linger. It's weird, patchouli tends to last on me, as does apple, but this is very light and subtle on me. I'll finish my decant, but sadly this doesn't last enough to warrant needing more. Perhaps aging will make it a little stronger, as what I am getting is really quite nice.