Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Dapper Mandrake Goes A-Courtin’

This is beautiful and reminds me a lot of Incantation. It has old fashioned soap/high class aftershave quality that is fresh, dark and a little rooty. This is not the chewy, brown vetiver but rather the bright, grassy kind and it is further uplifted by the clean, spicy galangal. This is a clean scent that is unisex and perhaps masculine leaning.

An elevated root scent. I get mandrake the most, but the vetiver and galangal root are definitely there. The three work together to make this an almost sweet root scent, without it being that earthy. I can't pick out the cologne on its own, though I suspect its adding in rounding out the scent. Good wear without being in one's face. Overall, a fancy mandrake/root scent.

This earthy, spicy, jaunty rhizome is a snazzy gent and has splashed a verdantly aromatic-cedary-citrusy essence on his whiskery roots to make a good first impression, put his best foot forward, so to speak. It is unfortunate that in doing so, he neglected to put either foot through a pants leg. But he smells so dashing and handsome that you can almost forget the fact that he showed up for your date without a stitch of clothing on.

I like Jaunty Tater a lot more than Dapper Mandrake.  This one is a smoky vetiver cologne.  Like blackened meadow grass set on fire with plumes of black smoke rising into the sky and a generic, musky, watery men's cologne that's unpleasantly dry.  It reminds me a little bit of Dee, but I much prefer Dee's complexity and subtle sweetness, which it feels like Dapper Mandrake is lacking.

This goes on like a wash of green, herbal cologne. It's clean and strong with a hint of aftershave but in the best way. It dries down on me to a herbal unisex scent, very green and slightly dirty, and brings to mind the image of a wizard who tends to his own garden and smells like the herbs and roots he harvests. I really like this one and am glad I have a bottle.