Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is pretty. I'd suspect fans of the softer evergreen snow blends will want to get their hands on this. It will be slightly softer on the evergreen than even those, but only just, with a smol dab of musk being just barely enough to bring it out of atmospheric territory and into perfume land.

The pink pepper is nice, almost a bright cardamom kick going on, with a light waft of drifting smoke that is present throughout but not dominating (I know, wat? How did she get little match smoulder vibes without going monster woodsmoke?). These two provide lift, like little wafts of pink peppery smoke near the edge of a magical Northern forest blanketed in snow.

There's good sillage. No vanilla sweetness, more crisp, like how winter air can be dry and staticky.

I like it. There's a short phase where it wonks out but not much really. I would've enjoyed more starry musk and sweet snow, but I like where this goes regardless.

Birb Mob makes for a great blend if only for the "wtf" factor. Your boyfriend sees it and wtf's, your distant family's going through your estate and wtf's, or a robber on security cam finds it and wtf's with it long enough for the cops to arrive, hehe.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

On me, this is a sweet smoke scent with a backdrop of a chilly night in a pine forest. While not immediate, the pink peppercorn ashes dominate the scent. The starry musk and snowdrift notes combine into this atmospheric 'chilly' component, that is not as strong and is less forward than the ash note. I also smell wood, it's vague and on the pine side for me. It's too much of a sweet smoke scent for my tastes. But if you're searching for a pine bonfire on a winter's night, only sweeter, type of scent, this may be for you.

In the bottle and first on my skin, this is bpal's mellow, slushy snow note that's slightly sweet and touched with evergreen.  Clean without being soapy and cold without being minty.  More melting snow than ice.  There's a hint of smoke that really does smell like a snuffed out match to me, which is hilarious along with the label art.  Maybe a creamy, vanillic white musk in here as well? 
A half hour in, it has all shifted and this spot on smells like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney World, like it's shifted into a chilly, foggy aquatic with that sweet, interesting, atmospheric smoke and odd, almost sour-fruity-gunsmoke-touched perfume.  It's so strange and nostalgic, but good.
I love it to bits.  Foggy, chilly, peculiar, awesome.

I don't know where to begin with this one except it smells like being outside on a dark snowy night with the mob holding torches... I get the starry musk and snowdrift right away from the bottle and while wet on my skin...then the peppercorn and ashes come through but nothing overwhelming. The art is excellent and the oil complements it well. Good sillage and longevity. Not something I'd reach for often but I'm sure I have enough occasions to bring it out.

I get slushy, non-minty (Skadi-esque, sans berries) snow and non-acrid smoke from Birb Mob. I'd say it's more along the lines of the smoke from Fir Needle and Smoke, but it's more subdued in that scent. At least it's not a campfire/BBQ-y vetiver type of smoke, though.

There's too much smoke in this scent for me, but I do think this scent matches the art!

Edited by doomsday_disco

I feel like after reading the reviews, my perception of this scent has completely changed. Before reading the reviews I would have said that I pick up the musk, pepper, and “snow” notes if I look for them. But I mainly get a clean smell (not soapy). 

After reading the reviews, I totally get that smokey note!! But as others said it’s not a bbq smoke at all. And now it’s the most dominant of notes that I can pick out. And I can also pick out the evergreen/piney notes that others mentioned as well. 

I think this just reaffirms that I can’t trust my nose (or that I’m easily influenced haha). But all in all, I like it. I don’t know if it’s necessarily something I’m going to reach for a lot, but it’s nice. A like it, don’t love it situation. But let’s be honest, the artwork and name alone were too good to pass up…

Beautiful chilly snow and blue musk with a hint of rosy pink pepper. As it dries I think I can catch a bit of smoke, but my skin shockingly seems to be eating it in this scent. 

Frosty, flickering starlit vistas; a graceful matrix of fragmented crystalline horizon; a dazzling and dreamlike view observed by a curious, many-eyed creature, its hollow bones aloft in a strange sky illuminated by waves of flowing aurora, while three pale moons simultaneously rise in the evening. A soft woody-rosy floral piquancy scents the air as silvery stars fall like snowflakes, sizzling and shimmering in the breathless cold.

This is the cool, creamy, slightly minty snow note from scents like Almond Blossom, with a bit of pink pepper adding spicy brightness. As it wears, the "smoldering" aspect of the scent starts to come out -- a noticeable smokiness starts to overtake the snow note. Well after drydown, I'm mostly getting pink pepper and smoke.

Hmmm. Pink snowy booze. "That" lab's snow/mint note with a soft boozey rum note (uh oh, there it goes on the drydown!) and happy pink pepper.

To me it's a mix of a lick it scent + midwinter's eve. It doesn't morph much more other than that the rum is now faaarr into the background, and the pink pepper goes slightly currant-y.  It's very happy, silly & i agree with mentioned above, that there's a certain nostalgic something to it!

Edited by Cali