Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I was looking forward to this Yule the most because I adore Zombi and the recent Bobbing for Zombies from the Weenies. Unfortunately, this just kind of vanished into my skin, leaving nothing but a faint waft of chilly rose. Must be a chemistry thing. Still pretty, just not very strong.

I'm a fan of the original Zombi as well as Frostbitten Zombi, so I had to get a bottle of this, too. The snow really amps the rose! It's strong in throw, but soft and powdery, a remarkably gentle and pretty scent in this form. As it dries and dies back a bit, the moss comes out as well as what I sense as dirt and wood. 

I have all of the Zombi variants, so I couldn't stop now and had to grab this one.

When Frostbitten Zombi came out, I think I hoped it would feature Snow White's snow note, even though I wasn't sure how those two would meld together. That one did not feature that snow note, but instead, the Lab's evergreen-tinged snow note. And Snow Zombi is so different from that, just from the bottle sniff, that you can tell there's no deathmatching required. They're different enough that you can justify owning both snow-covered variants if that were a concern of yours.

While Frostbitten Zombi is really toned down on the rose and is like a winter walk in the woods, Snow Zombi really turns up the rose. It's like... the dried rose petals have been rehydrated by the snow fall only to then become frozen over. You know those berries that get frozen that birbs eat and then someone will catch a video of a drunk birb? This is like the rose equivalent of getting drunk off of frozen rose petals, because there's a booziness to them. I also get plenty of moss with the rose, and a little bit of dirt. There was a point during testing that I got a menthol quality from the scent, but it was short-lived, and I'm not sure exactly what caused it since Snow White does not contain a menthol note.

As for the Snow White component... of the four Snow on Snow scents I've tested thus far (I've got two more to test, and two decants that will make their way to me in the future), this one is the lightest on the Snow White. Like, the chilly aspect is there, but I don't get a ton of the creaminess of Snow White like I have from the other blends (especially Knave of Snowflakes). Somehow, the Snow White mainly serves to chill and amp up the rose in this one. And you will get far more rose from this than from Knave of Snowflakes, but it's a different kind of rose (not a jammy one).

This is the rosiest Zombi variant of them all. I like it, but at the moment, I think I prefer Frostbitten Zombi more -- maybe because I've spent more time with it. But I look forward to getting to know Snow Zombi more, and I'm curious to see if the Snow White aspect of the scent will become more prominent with age.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Like with other Zombi variants, the rose note in this one is toned down to nonexistent on me. It's much more of a first and snow scent. I would describe the snow note as a more atmospheric scent, the word 'fluffy' comes to mind. At least here, it's also on the pine side, almost minty. Really liking it, glad I got a bottle. I just would not describe it as a rose scent on me, much more of a dirt and snow smell.

This goes bizarrely minty on me and stays that way. In the bottle there is plenty goingn on, but on the skin get no snow white, no rose - just dirt and mint. Definitely not my jam, alas.

On me, this is a minty snow note first and foremost, it lacks the creamy nature of this year's Snow White, though every so often I can detect a tiny waft that makes me think of it. There's a whisper of what smells like dried roses, but it's mostly hiding under some dirt and moss. Those two aren't loud enough to make me dislike the scent, but they're prominent enough to make me uncertain.

I like mint, quite a lot in fact, so a minty-cold scent isn't a bad thing, but this isn't the minty scent that I'm going to reach for. I was the person in my local group order who liked it the best, so I've ended up with the bottle, but I don't see myself reaching for it often, and I suspect that at some point, someone who likes it better will get the bottle passed along to them.

Wet: the snow note with a brief flash of rose

Semi-dry: moss/green, snow (cold smell with bits of the pine from Snow Bunny and mint from Snowflakes), and the lab's incense-y dirt note 

Dry:

L wrist - astringent mint--almost to the point of smelling like a cleanser--and dirt

R wrist - dirt

I think I enjoyed the middle of this.  It took longer to play out on my skin than regular Zombi but it ended the same way.  I think I was hoping that adding snow would make it last longer on me the same way Snake Oil + something else makes Snake Oil wearable for my skin.

If you're looking for a big snow-and-roses smell or Zombi-but-it-snowed-in-New-Orleans, this isn't quite it.  It's more like a mostly white but dirty snowball you make a day or two after its no longer powder.  

#reviewathon2023

Slushy snow and red roses. Softer than Peacock Queen, but with the icy Ice Queen slush thrown all over it. Medium throw and wear length.