Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Cranberry, Tonka, and Amber

the cranberry starts off SUPAH tart and vocal, with some tonka-fuzzed amber lurking in the back.  as the cranberry settles down, it feels like this is going to end up being more amber-forward for a bit, but the tonka actually comes out on top for me.

i end up with a warm, velvety, tonka'd-up amber, with  a whisp of cranberry giving it an ever-so-slight fruity pitch. the cranberry gives it a little lift (which i appreciate), but it's not announcing itself too stridently.  if i hadn't smelled that opening, i dunno if i'd be tracking the cranberry specifically at this point.

it's a warm and pretty amber for tonka lovers, who aren't averse to a hint of red fruit.

Edited by MamaMoth

tart sweet cranberry, grassy vanillic tonka, golden, lightly powdery amber - the amber is a supporting note with the tonka and cranberry being most forward. It's a cranberry tonka scent.

On me, this starts off with tart cranberry, backed by the amber and tonka, but it ends up a mix of soft amber and dry grass-like tonka that stays very close to the skin with only the ghost of cranberry.

This is a decant I purchased for my partner, who enjoys cranberry and amber notes. They just thought that it was okay, and also noted that it is rather light.

More of a cranberry and amber duo on me. At most the tonka gives the scent a green edge to it. Cranberry is the strongest scent here. The amber is noticeable, but does more to depthen the cranberry, making it a warmer and somehow more berry scent. Overall, a deceptively simple cranberry scent with warm amber.