Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Cranberry, Almond, and Dark Musk

This has echoes of Moon When the Cherries Turn Black, but more tart and a bit less complex. If you missed that one, this one scratches the itch.

Just got this, so we'll see once it rests. For now though, I am really loving it. The cranberry is an amazing sillage. I can smell this faint, sweet tartness around me with a sort of grounding by the musk (which I was a bit worried about due to my skin & different musks) which almost has a baked/burnt sugar effect? I'm not sure what to compare it to. It gives the cranberry scent a really lovely sweetness without gourmet territory. Up close, you get the almond, which has that vague cherry amber scent. 

The different notes have the potential to come out like a cranberry candy, but instead it's this morphing scent that evokes a dark, fruity, unique smell. 

It's very unisex on me. Would be a great scent to wear while decorating a Christmas Tree, or having holiday feasts. Or joining a midnight winter revel. :)

This one is strong on the tart cranberry and the dark musk, which has a slight red musk but darker quality to it and may be one of the musks found in Smut that I dislike (but I haven't smelled Smut in a while). I only get some almond in the beginning, not a lot (quite a feat, since almond usually comes out as a force to be reckoned with), but it's gone once dry.

I purchased this decant for my partner, who loves cranberry and almond notes. They thought this was amazing at first, but they didn't love it once it was dry and they weren't getting the almond anymore.

Surprisingly sinister on me. I get all three notes listed. The dark musk is the strongest and I would describe it as an inky musk. The cranberry in this scent is sweet, but I would not categorize this as a cranberry scent. The bitter almond is just barely there, and adds to the dark musk, making it slightly spicy.

DARK musk, inky. Tinge of almond, and cranberry. But yeah, mainly a dark inky musk. Medium throw and wear length.

In the imp this is dark, fruity, and a bit syrupy. On my skin the cranberry is more tart, and I can pick the almond out - more nutty than the cherryish kind than I anticipated. The musk come to the front as it dries.