Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Marshmallow Candy Canes Hair Gloss

This smells so good! Just like it says... in the bottle, marshmallow and peppermint! I put some in my dry hair and it reminds me a little of Boo Hg but with the peppermint added in! A vanilla-y marshmallow with the candy cane! I love peppermint scented things, but sadly the perfume oils that have peppermint (like the Lick it's) all faded away super fast. So far, this is amazing!! I can smell the cloud of goodness around me. It isn't overpowering but glad I can smell it. Very sweet but not tooth-achingly so! Oh this is soooo good!

smells exactly as described without being cloying or sickly sweet. the mint doesn’t go toothpaste. the sweetness almost makes me think of white chocolate without quite going there. just soft floofy marshmallows and sweet candy canes!

Oh yeah! This is what I was hoping for!  I LOVE the above reviews and agree 100% 

Starts with a  Peppermint blast easing into the Lab's Marshmallow Note. I am not getting the Pineapple vibe some have reported, but there is something that is expressing bright or tart, It is popping out within 5 mintues of application. 

Wearing surrounded by a marshmallow peppermint cloud for about 20 minutes or longer. The bright-ish vibe mellows as expected.

Dry Down to soft, well-behaved marshmallow that is slighly perceptable and very wearable around scent sensitive "critics"... Like I kind I live with. 

I LOVE this, like....obsessed! 

Initial Thoughts: I love several of the Lick It series. Minty and sweet are right up my alley.

In the Bottle: Gooey marshmallow with a trace of mint. Very sugar-heavy and mint-light.

On Wet Hair: The mint develops somewhat, but it's less mint and more icy chilled sugar.

After Blow-Drying: The mint fades again and I am mostly back to the beginning of lots of marshmallow with a little mint.

Verdict: Not sure about this one. Like Snow White, it doesn't seem to have a lot of staying power, but I don't know that I need several bottles of scents that only give me nice smells when I'm drying my hair. I may try again and use more to see if I can keep the scent going.

Oh, this is so so nice.  Reminds me a bit of Snow Blind.  It's also a dead ringer for those almost spherical peppermint puff candies--not the hard Starlite candies but the Peppermint Puffs candy if Google is giving me the right name.  Not too overbearing so it would make a great body spritz or layering spray.

As advertised, but marshmallow is pillowy and soft. It's not cloyingly sweet as the peppermint cuts throw the cotton candy but never overwhelms it. The candy cane mint here is not as sharp as that in Pink & Blue Candy Canes, at least to me. In a way this is like a much less sweet version of BBW's Twisted Peppermint that I also love but have to use sparingly for how tooth-achingly sweet it is. Wearing this puts me in a very happy place.

This was the softest scented hair gloss I’ve ever tried. It was a sweet candy cane scent but such low throw I could barely smell it. :( 

Initial blast: Minty! But not unpleasantly so. The Scent is delicious. I love how vanilla-y it becomes about 30-40 minutes into wearing it, then stays that perfect blend of mint-vanilla. We'll see how long this stays detectable, as I have high hopes! Just in case you've not used a hairgloss before: They're very lightweight but nourishing and detangling. Very cosmetically elegant, the blend of oils is perfect. Of course, everyone's hair is different,  but I can't see this being anything but lovely for practically everyone. 

Edit: this is genuinely the nicest my hair has looked in years. I have been spending the last year trying to rescue my previously waist length hair after a bad dye job and lots of bleaching and I've spent probably upwards of $200 on it. Two days of using the hair glosses from bpal and my hair is silkier and shinier and softer and less tangled than it's ever been. I think I owe everyone on the bpal team a personal letter of gratitude....

Edited by Weirdgirlpilled

This was not quite what I was hoping for. The peppermint reminds me of the one from the Peppermint and Pine duet, which to me has a sort of sour/funky edge to it. The marshmallow is more vanilla than recognizable marshmallow to my nose. The marshmallow/vanilla base does last a long time in my hair - a couple days after application, I was wondering what smelled like cake, only to realize it was my hair.

Ive determined something specific to "blue" candy cane varietal  is  slightly sour on me.  Maybe it's rooted in my  pickiness about dark fruits, IDK.  Pulled this HG out of aging for the holidays  here almost a year later... whatever that "blue" accord  is (same with the fume version)  has significantly faded/calmed down wet AND  burns off pretty fast leaving the sweet chill minty vanilla-mallow.  I'm a total harlot for the labs marshmallow vanilla mint so this makes me very happy. FWIW  I'm finding  pairing the HG with Alisz is a beautiful combo. Layering the Blue Cotton Candy fume with Pink Lovebird or SN marshmallow, vanilla, or white cake is also lovely.