Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Spumoni

Thick bands of cherry, chocolate, and pistachio gelati concealing

bits of maraschino cherries and roasted, salted pistachio nutmeats.

This is everything I hoped it would be. I primarily get the maraschino cherry and salted pistachio notes when I first apply and then the dry down becomes the creamy gelati flavors in which I smell the chocolate. It’s not an intensely gourmand perfume when all is said and done which is honestly I think better for the trueness of Spumoni! Itis very evocative. I am so glad I purchased this. 

Edited by Geminirubyshoes

When this initially hits, I get more of a sundae vibe: juicy maraschino cherries and chocolate over a rich creamy scent, all covered in roasted nuts that at this stage don't smell specifically of pistachio to me. It quickly morphs into a less gourmand, more perfume version of itself on drydown, and that's when the pistachio really hits as a distinct note for me. Fully dry it's a lovely dessert inspired perfume, very cherry and pistachio forward, with the chocolate providing a subtle backdrop, and the salty, roasted nuts wafting in and out occasionally to remind you that you are in fact wearing a gelato/ice cream scent even if this doesn't read as overtly foodie.

Honestly, this really reminds me of Valentine's Day, which I inexplicably love, and I'm so glad I grabbed a bottle. It's got fairly good throw and insane wear time-I put it on the yesterday afternoon and woke up to it still very noticeable. And then of course applied some more to refresh it because I just can't get enough.😅

Ok so I ate nearly a carton of Spumoni last week while petsitting my grandpups (don't judge!😂) so it is fresh in my mind. This is definitely capturing all three of the gelato flavors! At first I get the cherry and pistachio, but after drydown I get more of the chocolate. I applied this early this morning, around 6:30, and it's now after 1:00 PM and I catch wafts of the scent, especially when I move my arm/wrist. It isn't super sticky sweet, or too foodie, or too strong to annoy anyone. My husband has only ever complained about chocolate notes in any of my BPAL, and although the chocolate remains the most prominent note after drydown and some fading, he thinks this is very nice.  It's a lovely representation of Spumoni, which was my dad's favorite ice cream. And I love having the ability to sniff and wear a scent memory of my dad!

💗💚🤎

This is pistachio forward (salty, creamy, nutty), with sharp concentrated points of cherry. It has the same cold melty ice cream smell as Spoopy Kid, which is interesting. There's just a hint of chocolate in the background. Not too sweet.

I like it, but I wish it had a bit more cherry smell.

Edited by Biocarbons

Spumoni is the scent I am most excited about this Yule release. Total nostalgia for me, so I blndly ordered a back up just to stare at the bottle. 

After weeks of resting, I am finally testing.  I forgot the scent notes and didn't have the note suggestion pre-programmed in my head upon starting.

Initial wet stage: Not what I expected, it reminds me of Detestable Putrescence from the Gris Grimley release...melty ice cream. Also a mascarpone-like scent, sweet and sour, is wafting by. The chocolate is reading as a perfume less realistic than I hoped. 

Drying down: Now I can tell there some nuts and cherries. I’m trying not to be disappointed but my skin is doing worky things with this one,  I will need to re test this on a cotton cuff...

…And YES! There is the Spumoni...on the edge of my cotton sleeve cuff!  Now I smell the candied version of the above descrption. AMAZING! It’s growing on me!  Not a ❤️ yet. but it’s very interesting and enjoyable as long as it doesn’t involve my skin. 

Edited by Fiam
testing on cotton instead of skin

This is quite yummy. I was not prepared for the gorgeous creamy pistachio of this when it is freshly applied. I do get the cherry a bit more as it dries, and more of a salted nut component. The vanilla part of the chocolate is really coming through for me - most good chocolate desserts have vanilla - but I'm not picking up on chocolate otherwise.

I had ordered a decant of this, but a very kind forumite frimped some to me, so I got to try it early. :joy:

I tested this and then did a full-on slather a few days ago, and my partner has worn it as a scent of the day as well. We both love it. We recently bought some Spumoni because I wanted to see if I liked it better than I did when I was a kid, and because of the anticipation of this scent, of course! And I'm happy to report that we both enjoy Spumoni, and this really does smell like it (although with less chocolate). It's mostly a creamy pistachio and cherry scent on me with just a bit of chocolate, as if a little kid ate most of the chocolate layer and left you the rest.

My only qualm about this scent is that it has low throw and staying power, but I don't care. I need a bottle and will slather away. :heart: 

On me, this is more of a cherry and chocolate pastry scent. I think the pistachio is coming off as a generic baked goods smell for me. I do get the chocolate and maraschino cherries, but it ends up smelling a little too sugary and artificial for my tastes.

In the decant: Creamy something, cherries, and a swirl of chocolate.

Wet: Cream starting to go sour, chocolate, and just a little bit of that maraschino cherry/almond smell.

Dry: Sour cream, the impression of chocolate, some unidentifiable nuttiness, and only the vaguest whiff of cherry.

This is a sad miss on my skin. I love pistachio scents and am disappointed at how not good this smells. It fades around hour three to a very close skin scent and more of the pistachio comes out, but that sour cream scent continues to dominate. Will age improve this? We'll see.

Spumoni is my 2022 foodie. I ate lots of spumoni as a child. Chocolate, cherry, pistachio. In a perfume.  Perfect. 

This is such a fun blend and I am glad a friend gifted me a decant to try.  On my skin, it is a milky type scent. I get some toastedness that is probably the pistachio, milk chocolate, and just the teeniest with of cherry. I agree with the others that it’s pretty spot on.

I'm not usually a fan of straight up dessert scents like this, but I do like dark chocolate, pistachios, and cherry mixed with florals and resins - just not all together maybe? 🤔 Anywho, I thought this one might actually work for me. 

What I get is a lot of roasted, salty pistachio, backed by a boozy/cough syrupy cherry, and a hint of bitter chocolate. It's not really working for me, nor is it smelling like something I'd really wanna eat. It's almost savory?  Might have to just be happy eating the real thing 

Lovely foodie confection. Chocolate and maraschino cherry are the strongest notes at first, but then the creamy, nuttiness of the pistachio gelato becomes more noticeable and the chocolate fades a bit. I’m not getting saltiness…it’s very sweet and gourmand on me, and that’s not a bad thing. It’s such a cheerful, cute scent. 

wet, i'm getting lots of soft, creamy pistachio gelato with maraschino cherry and a swirl of chocolate. as it dries, the sweetness of the cherry emerges, complementing the bright nuttiness of the pistachio, which becomes toasty and slightly salty. the chocolate lingers in the background, and at this stage, it resembles a chocolate covered cherry rolled in crushed roasted pistachios. the cherry fades eventually, becoming a lightly salted pistachio ice cream dotted with milk chocolate chips and topped with a single bright red cherry. milky, soft, foodie, with average throw and staying power. this is quite delightful, and rather delicious.