Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Pink & Blue Candy Canes

Here’s a soothing scent to counter the world’s harshness: the pillowy warmth

of strawberry cotton candy, cooled with a gentle breath of blueberry vanilla mint.

Smells just like the listed notes IMO! This reminds me of something that would be in a Lilith collection. The cotton candy is sugary and fluffy, the blueberry mint is fruity yet minty, and everything really pops together. Sweet, straightforward, and fun. 

If you, like me, saw this and thought of the poofy mints and fruities of yore (Tokyo Stomp, Closet and so many others) I am happy to report that this is sweet and joyous and delightful. I swear to God the mint chilled my nose as I was taking my first huge whiff. Initially it is strong but mellows out.

The initial minty blast melded seamlessly with the cotton candy, which synergizes with the blueberriness. I found the drydown sort of shifted between cotton candy and.. blueberry? wintergreen? Doll heads? a little when I sniffed close to the skin. A little sugary fuzzy grumbling along. A worthy add to any Yule collection IMHO. 

Edited by ND¢

STRONKKKKKK mint that throat punched me immediately when i sniffed it, but it dries down and it’s a lot more sweet and i can kind of make out the blueberry if i really try, but it’s mostly just a slightly minty vanilla frosting smell to me tbh and i love it - i agree with the doll heads descriptor! it does give me a doll head vibe. 💕

This is a super joyous and effervescent scent.  I immediately get cotton candy (the cotton candy note from Midway or one of its variations) and chewing gum mint (the smell of mint in the light blue packages of gum).  The blueberry-strawberry mixture grounds the cotton candy note, and, really, the scent in general.   The mint eventually fades into a tingle in my nose when I breathe it in, so don’t let that note scare you away like I almost did!  This scent put an image of a colorful, yet simultaneously majestic, unicorn into my brain 🦄 

Edited by pinkgyrl

This was a really pretty strawberry mint with not much blueberry. Very soothing. Only bummer it had low throw and staying power for me. But if you wanted a cozy skin scent this would be it. Probably make a nice sleep scent too. 

I could smell all of the notes in the bottle, but on me, the vanilla mint was really faint. There was some brief blueberry on me at first and just a hint of vanilla mint before it became a strawberry cotton candy party on me, but alas, the strawberry cotton candy note made me think of children's vitamins, if they were strawberry instead of orange, cherry, or grape. Despite the similar notes, this is nothing like Battle Fairy in Training.

I had my partner test this one out, and on them, the blueberry and vanilla mint was a lot stronger. Only, they don't like blueberry in scents, so this was not a good development for them.

I'm going to set this aside and retest it in a week or so, but unless I get more blueberry and vanilla mint to keep that strawberry cotton candy in check, it will have to go to swaps.

Sweet strawberry cotton candy in the bottle, a blast of mint developing on the skin - settling down to cotton candy with a bit of vanilla frosting on dry down. I tested this by dabbing on one wrist and transferring to the other - and found that one wrist smelled more of strawberries while the other was more blueberry. Interesting how skin chemistry works!

Either way, I like it. Cheerful and easy to wear. I don't regret the blind bottle. 😀

From the bottle, I get that artificial strawberry candy followed swiftly by the mint of candy canes. I love it already. On my skin, I get the same thing. As it dries the vanilla and blueberry peek through and it's a soft breath mint. It reminds me of the pillow mints minus the buttery note. Sweet, minty, refreshing yet comforting. Berry cotton candy mint. If I didn't just spill it all at my desk, I'd venture to wear this as a sleepy-time scent. Good throw and sillage. I also love why this blend was made, an excellent blind buy... Now only if I didn't spill half of my bottle😭

I don’t know how to explain this in a way that makes sense to people who function normally. But do you ever resist something or not allow yourself to experience something because you feel in your heart that x/y/or z thing isn’t meant “for people like you”? I’m not even certain what that means, exactly, but it’s a feeling that’s been tethered to my soul, strangling it, for as long as I can remember. And whatever those off-limit things are, I know them when I see them. They’re usually fun, playful, or exciting things, and there’s just something deep-seated within me that’s forever admonishing me, making me feel foolish even for thinking that I could ever partake in anything merry and mirthful, that my presence would ever be welcome at the table of joy. I think the pink and blue candy cane, that nostalgic, old-fashioned hard candy hook in a fusion of blue and pink twisted stripes, epitomizes all of those feelings in one eye-twitchingly sweet, crunchy confection. BPAL’s interpretation of these sweets is a fluffy, spun sugar strawberry jam-scented hug, with a cool, ozonic blueberry pancake whisper of “treat yo’self.” It is warm, and it is gentle, and in my reviews, I desperately try not to use the same words and descriptors as the Lab has used in their note listing (because what’s even the point of me writing this here and now if I am doing that?) But their description of this scent is exactly what it is, and my ramblings here about it are basically just me barfing my angst on you in the meantime.

Ahh, I was expecting something more "warm", this comes with what i'd call a chill. The squishy/watery blue note that i so enjoy dries down to a powdery soft purple. It's not strong on me at all, and while it's nice, but i'm left with that typical american-mint christmas candy, and something that turned plasticy on me in the background. 
I want to love this sooo bad (gosh i love the bottle art too) but my skin just doesn't want it! :cry2:

Edited by Cali

This smells like idealistic childhood kindness in a bottle!  In the bottle and on the skin initially I get a lot of sweet mintiness along with the cotton candy note; as it dries down the peppermint takes a back seat to the lovely blueberry cotton candy note, with an occasional brighter berry note popping in from the strawberry notes.  Pulled this one out for the first time in honor of Trans Visibility Day!

This smells like Yule in a bottle! It starts out with the two berry notes and cotton candy but then dries down into a lovely vanilla mint with a hint of the strawberry cotton candy. Its very festive and smells so much like candy canes. Happy I was able to get a bottle before the yules came down.