Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Fake Banana in a Fuzzy Sweater

Because fuck it, that’s why. The heart wants what it wants…

and this year it wants a fake banana in a fuzzy sweater.

This one is not at all what I expected, though i suppose that may be a mixed blessing?  While it is definitely banana in the bottle, it is not at all banana-y when I wear it.  I had hoped for banana, but this is actually much more wearable and much less like a novelty scent. 

I'm having an unusually difficult time describing this one... and I'd be interested in seeing if this is my skin chemistry or just how the fragrance is built.

In the bottle: It smells like the fakest of fake bananas with a slight, grounding hint of wood.

Immediately on skin: FAKE BANANA

About 10 seconds later: No banana?!  The banana vaporized almost immediately, giving way to a woody, slightly musky, somewhat classically masculine scent.  It has a hint of wool, maybe?  It is actually a rather classy scent that smells like a very nice men's cologne or aftershave.  It reminds me a little of another perfume that I have that has a hinoki wood note.  It is warm and very "round", not at all prickly or astringent, and faintly sweet but not in a recognizable way.  

Throughout the day: Fairly consistent, though it dulls eventually to a wood + wool combo that is mild and reasonably comfortable.

ETA: I've worn this a few times now and I do like it a lot.  My partner also tried this one... the banana smell lingered for her more than me, though it still wasn't a very strong component.  She said it was pretty accurately a banana in a fuzzy sweater - cologne, cashmere, and banana.

Edited by armeleia
added another opinion

Fake Banana in a Fuzzy Sweater is a guessing game and the bottle is laughing at me as I try to guess what it is make of. 

The Fake Banana....it's not too sweet, overripe or green. Nor is it laffy taffy. 

The Fuzzy Sweater...I do get a little cashmere, warm and round with a little fresh chopped wood scent....and the banana is still there all the while. 

It leans unisex to masculine to my nose. Reminds me of 7 Word Story: Sloth but without the blackened cacoa or tobacco and I prefer this to 7WS Sloth

Will be very interested in experiening this after it ages a while. 

In bottle: Banana Circus Peanut.

Wet on me: banana runts! And vaguely cologne-y/shaving cream, like bpals hay note when it's more masc. 

The sweater note is there under the banana runt shaving cream cologne. I agree that the sweater note does smell like cashmere. This gets more sweater-y on me over time.

Sheepfold Moonlight + banana runts.

Freshly applied, I get a poof of banana goodness, swiftly followed by a 50/50 banana/wool situation that is just divine. The wool does take over and pretty quickly, reminding me of the wool from A Sheepfold, Moonlight, but a bit fuzzier and without the hay note. Once dry, I'm left with a lightly banana'd wool. I've noticed with a lot of these bananas, at least for me, the banana never dies completely, it just becomes very quiet, but seems to hang on longer with age. And that's what I'm getting here after a bit of rest. Rather than single note wool and a disappeared banana, it's more like  bananaWOOL; quiet banana, big wool. As a banana fiend, I do wish it were the other way around, but that's just how the banana note do, and the end result is still very pleasant. I definitely recommend this to lovers of both these notes.

this was a fun ride. 

starts with big time fake banana energy.  something in me leaps for joy at that silly banana note.  it's never a scent persona i'd want to present to the world at large, but sometimes i get a hankering for it when i'm by myself, and i enjoy every minute of it's brief lifespan.  but alas, the banana note never lasts long on my skin and this is no exception.  the wooly sweater note pops out on top, fluffy but a little scratchy, vetiver-adjacent but not bitter or smoky.  there is, perhaps, a molecule or two of banana still lurking down in the wool fibers... not recognizable, but lending a drop of rounding ripe sweetness.  ends up being snuggly and cozy and not nearly as silly as one might imagine. 

Edited by MamaMoth

This starts with a banana top note that quickly develops into a wonderfully snuggly sweet wool. It really reminds me of You Are Not Alone, except without the lavender and less vanillic (though the wool is a sweet cashmere that more or less does the same thing that the aged paper note in YANA does.) It is kind of masculine, dry woods toeing the line of cologne, but the rich sweetness of banana keeps it in check. As a fan of slightly sweetened unisex scents, this is PERFECT.

I adore YANA too and I'm delighted to have found another scent in the same family! This is "my sweater but better."

In the bottle: fun foam bananas!

On the skin: foam bananas taking a nap

Ends up smelling like a big snuggly wool blanket. The banana on the bottle vs the skin is very different. On the skin it dries down to a sweet powder that has a hint of fake banana. Like someone’s blended up foam bananas and dusted it over a bed lol.