Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Burn Pile 2022

First try:

Initially, so so so so SO much woodsmoke. (I have to admit to not being in the right headspace for woodsmoke right now: I spent Friday night through Sunday night without power or heat, the temps dropped to the low teens (Fahrenheit) and stayed there the whole time, and we got through it by keeping a fire going in in our fireplace pretty much non-stop. But we used up the good firewood and starting burning windfall from our backyard, which was pretty damp, and by the end the house reeked of woodsmoke. It's not really a time I want to revisit through my perfume, but if you're feeling better about woodsmoke than I am, you'll like this). I caught a really brief whiff of pink pepper (which I loved) and as it dies down the resins are coming through as a slightly sweeter woodiness, which I like.

Once the woodsmoke calms down a little, it's pretty nice - a kind of quiet scent. Eventually the woodsmoke vanishes almost entirely leaving a resinous-y base (though I still don't get really get any peppercorn). I guess it really does mirror a bonfire/burn pile - starts out with a big conflagration and dies down into something quiet and gently glowing. A serious morpher.

Edited by dronzeka

This straight up smells like I doused myself in a campfire. Authentic! Might even be better with some woodsy scent layered on top to give you that realistic camped in the woods smell. If you love smoky scents this is obviously a must buy. If you don't......steer clear, lol. I get more of the paper note and peppercorn as this calms down. Reminds me a lot of TRex by Zoologist, like a second cousin. 

I was expecting a loud scent but this sticks very close to the skin. 

Yes! Coals and burning! Smoky lovely goodness. Doesn’t remind me of Christmas, but great all the same

so precisely what it says on the tin, i can't describe it any better than the notes do! 

starts off heavy with woodsmoke, and just slightly acrid from the burning paper (which is so precisely the exact smell of burning PAPER that i am awestruck!) but it settles down lighter than i expected, beautifully smoky and charry and just downright fascinating! i can't identify the resin at all but it brings some sweetness i think, and gives it some depth that makes this more wearable and not just purely atmospheric. i never spotted any peppercorn to speak of. 

this is amazing! i'm not sure i want to smell this realistically like a bonfire, but i'm going to be doing some layering experiments with my decant. i wouldn't be surprised if i end up with a bottle for that purpose, because BONFIRE SNAKE OIL?? gtfo

Edited by MamaMoth

This is so perfectly spot on to the description, both OOB and on the skin.

If you love the smell of campfires, or you want to experiment with favorite scents *but make it campfire,* pick this one up. You cannot go wrong if the smokey, resiny, woodsmokey vibe calls to you.

My fiancé claimed my bottle so it looks like I'm getting a second!

In the bottle -  Incredibly smoky. Woody and peppery. Definitely get that burning paper note. Smells just like a bonfire, specifically the releasing fire we do every year on Samhain. There's a deep pepper note seasoning the woodsmoke.

Wet -  A wonderful bonfire scent. Woodsmoke is the most prevalent note. Losing the pepper a little, but getting something resinous that wasn't apparent in the bottle. Like a strong incense smoke, but woody. Very warm and comforting.

Dry -  This dries down VERY subtle. Like I get little wafts of woodsmoke sometimes, but for the most part I can only smell it if I put my nose in my wrist. And in that case it's more resinous like an unburnt incense stick. The woodiness and the pepper is gone. No real burning scent anymore. I want to try an experiment where I layer this with Hearth and see what happens. Update: Eventuallly there's a slight, slight burning paper smell and a touch of pepper, but it's gone pretty instantly.

This starts pretty strong but fades away very fast. The scent is much weaker than I'd like but that might be just my skin chemistry. I do love it while its loud though.

It starts off smelling like a roaring pile of blazing books, then burns down to a smoldering ash.

I love the ones that tell a scent story - I wouldn't wear this often but will keep for special occasions and getting friends to try it out. It's quite remarkable.

When Burn Pile first hit my skin, it was so blackly smoky that I thought I would reserve it for ritual use. It would have been perfect for the shredded text messages my best friend and I sent up in flames after the guy I who’d been leading her on for weeks showed his true colors. But an hour or so after application, it has dried down into something quite lovely, with the across edges smoothed away. Dark smoky resin, very atmospheric. Would pair well with smudged black eyeliner. 

Right off the bat, campfire smoke and little else. There's hints of barbecue, but no more than most smokey scents. The throw isn't that strong, even early, so this is like the scent of smoke that gets in to your clothes after a bonfire. After a few hours, the smoke backs off a bit and the peppery resins come out more, turning it to a peppery-smokey skin scent.