Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Boozy Lemon Bars

A sharp, limoncello-spiked curd baked into a shortbread crust, dusted with powdered sugar

and cut into neat squares to serve at the grownups’ table.

I love this so much. I used to have an indie body cream in the early 00s that smelled like this. It's got the lemony-booze of Sour Lemon Smut with a carmelized custard crust that smells like it's just had the blowtorch applied. Stays pretty much the same on skin as it does when first applied. Baked Lemony goodness. 

This features the limoncello note from Gingerbread Limoncello (which I adore) accompanied by some powdered sugar. Over time, the lemon gets less limoncello-y and more lemon curd-y, and there's still plenty of powdered sugar to go around. I don't get a ton of shortbread crust, so I wouldn't be worried about this becoming a butter party on the skin -- there are just a few crumbs.

I love how prominent the powdered sugar is in this. I don't think I've come across a BPAL scent that is this powdered sugar-y since A Breathless Chuckle (from the 2016 Yules).

If you like sweet lemon scents, you need this in your life. I'm so glad I grabbed a bottle, and I can't wait to wear it during the warmer months! :heart: 

Just got my bottle today.. excited to try this!!

Sniffing in the bottle, I do get a powdered sugar lemon scent. Not too sweet, not too sour! On my skin,  I get more of a boozy powdered lemon cookie vibe! Oh this smells amazing! As it dries, it stays the same...sweet lemony curd bakery scent, with a drop of booze. The 'booze' is in the background and isn't overpowering the other notes, as booze notes tend to do on me. This will make a wonderful spring/summer scent. But I will wear it anytime! :) 

I do believe Boozy Lemon Bars minced itself right into my TOP FIVE FAVS!

For me, it's the PERFECT SCENT 😍  Lasts all day on my cotton sleeve, transports me to better days and lifts my mood to the stratosphere! 

I have a backup bottle already and see myself hoarding this. 

Don't be afriad of the Booze. 

Edited by Fiam

I have so many lemon dessert perfume oils, but this one is my new favorite!  I love the syrupy sweet yet slightly tart lemon, the realistic powdered sugar scent, and the warm, buttery crust.  It stays that delicious for about 2 hours and then goes through a mid-stage where a vanilla quality comes out more and it reminds me of a lemon flavored cheesecake with buttery graham cracker crust, and then from about 4-7 hours, it turns very vanillic on my skin, like a sweet, creamy, marshmallow vanilla covered in fresh lemon zest.  After the 7 hour mark, it fades rapidly.  Still, that's great longevity for a lemon scent and I love it for every second of those 7 hours 💖.

What it says on the tin. The lemon is very sweet, will also being sour. It reminds me more of a lemon candy in that way. I get just enough baked good and booze to be noticeable. Overall, a sweet lemon desert.

lordy this is delicious.  at first blush, it smells like scrumptious lemon cake. but the more you obsessively huff it (:blush2:) the more it unfurls.  the lemon curd is rich and sweet, only a little bit tart.  the pastry is buttery and flaky.  there's a veritable snowdrift of powdered sugar on top.  and there's just a wee little drop of sharp booziness to lift it all up.  AND it's still doing its thing hours after application, which is a gift from the lemon gods.  after a while the lemon settles in  enough to seem more like it's baked into the crust rather than layered on top, but it's no less delicious... maybe moreso? 

Edited by MamaMoth

The scent of the best, the ultimate, the most winningest cookie to bring to cookie swap night! Just the perfect amount of sugar, fresh lemon zest, and real butter, the good stuff, Kerrygold or your local dairy equivalent–and your secret ingredient: each cookie is served with a full-sized lemon drop martini. I’m not saying you’ll win because you got the judges drunk (and I’m not saying you won’t be disqualified* for bribing the judges!), but I think either way, it’ll be a good time.

This is one of my fave faves from this release.  I'm on a huge lemon kick right now. The lemon is BRIGHT but not lemon-cleaner with just the softest edge of limoncello. And it meshes beautifully with the vanilla cakey-ness. It really blooms as it warms up and dries on the skin. Lemon lemon lemon vanilla cake sugar. If you like these things, you will love this.

This is also one of my favs from this release! Bright, sweet, sugary lemon cookies. Just enough booze to make it extra-interesting and a little sharp (sweet-sharp) and not purely foody, though it's definitely that! Basically, if you love the sweet lemon BPAL scents, you'll want this! ❤️