Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Banana Pancakes

Hot from the griddle with a splash of maple syrup, a sprinkle of walnuts,

and a sploof of whipped cream on the side.

In the bottle this is all banana and when it hits the skin it is a BLAST of banana laffy taffy which is one of my favorite candies so I’m not mad about it at all lol.  The banana top note burns off super quick, like in a minute and I get some vague spiciness and pancake batter and toasty nuts.  No maple syrup here for me at any stage unfortunately.  The longer dry down gets a bit of the banana back with some pancake note so this ends up reminding me a bit of the Banana Bread Lilith with a light nutty spice to it.  This one is not what I was hoping for but interesting and different.  Currently on the fence.

It's bananas foster! In a bottle! The banana is so strong at first, but then mellows into a nutty (spicy??) banana dessert with plenty of ice cream. Not getting any maple syrup.

I get delicious banana first! Not as sweet as a runt but a perfect banana flavoring so to speak. Then it warms down to maple syrup on me. Not that nutty at all. And there may be a smaller dollop of whipped cream on mine because that is there very lightly. I’ve been wanting more pancake scents and this is perfect for that niche. Love the label too! So yummy! Medium throw and staying power. 🍌🥞

Edited by vanilla323

Banana Pancakes is delightful!
Better than just a novelty, it’s what I was hoping to get from Pancake Breakfast, with of course, banana! 
I perceive it to be almost caramel-like and ever so slightly…slightly boozy. 
I have found the exact candy this year’s Yule banana scent reminds me of, and it is Banana Jelly Belly jelly beans. The golden yellow ones with tiny black spots! 
I wish I could send you all one so that you may concur.

Edited by Fiam

A foodie dream, all ripe banana and fluffy pancakes, with sweet caramel and whipped cream. Strong and lasting, with a gorgeous buttery, nutty vibe that cuts the sweetness just the right amount. Love it!

Starts off with a strong artificial banana note, which reminds me more of banana syrup than banana pancakes. The banana quickly dissipates, leaving behind very sweet pancakes. I get a little of the walnut in the background, otherwise it's plain pancakes with whip cream and a lot of syrup. 

Images of warm pancakes oozing in syrup enter my mind, with a pop of banana! Wish there was more banana in the bottle, I get more sweet sugary pancakes. 

- later the banana did come out more when it has dried down!

I enjoy the banana in this one, but I wouldn't say it is a main player. At least, not on me. I get a ton of walnut at first, which is warm and toasty, with a bit of banana. Then it turns a little medicinal on me, and I think it's cinnamon from the pancake note combining with something else. The whipped cream veers into plastic-y territory on me, but at least it manages to take this out of that odd medicinal phase as it gains prominence and eventually becomes the dominant note. Oddly enough, I don't get maple syrup from this? (That's the reason I hadn't ordered a decant when that update dropped.)

This did not end up being a win for me due to the medicinal and plastic phases of this scent, but I enjoyed the banana and how realistic the walnut note is in this one.