Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

The Desolate, Deserted Trees

Trees opens with the beloved ho wood from Foot Warmer blended with a sheer oak, giving an impression of gently toasted sandalwood. The black pepper, despite being described as burnt, is neither obtrusive nor all that spicy, in fact I barely register it. Tobacco leaf really makes this sing, with the same ephemeral intensity of Vision of a Courtesan. White oud acts as an adhesive and amplifier more than an actual presence on its own, so if you have issues with oud generally (as I do) I would not stress about it here. I could not tell you what costus smells like, but I get a vaguely white-floral something-or-other that might be it. 

The woodiness is very gentle, buttery, and mostly on the wet phase; as it dries the whole baby blends into some real top-tier Coco Chanel vibes. There are a lot of similarities to Faster, Kittycat -- they don't smell the same but I had a similar "whoa this smells expensive AF" response to it.

This has the complexity of the best of the Shunga line, and it is definitely hard to describe, but this feels ** special ** in the same way that Vision did, and I wouldn't sleep on it if you are into any of the listed notes. Just lovely.

Edited by supreme_c0rt

Sweet toasted sandalwood. If sandalwood could behave as a marshmallow does when toasted over a fire, it would smell like this.

Oak and tobacco blend in well with this first impression --- interesting how I notice oak more in the front of the inhale, and tobacco on the back end --- and there's a soft, complex woodiness even behind all these leaves and wood. Yet there is nothing wild or forested about this blend; it's entirely cultivated, sophisticated, and intentional.

Well-crafted.

Bought a full bottle off a forum member because of the two above reviews, lol. I really love the ho wood note, because I feel it's really outstanding in Under the Foot Warmer, but the white oud and costus made me nervous.

This is exactly as supreme_cOrt describes: classy, elegant and expensive smelling. A very posh, refined and sophisticated blend here. Truly lovely, and like nothing else I have. Very much a Coco Chanel vibe here, wide brimmed black hat and white silk gloves et al. This perfume wears pearls only, and would never be caught dead leaving the house without a complete face of makeup and perfectly styled hair.

A gauzy scent, rimmed in a cool floral ring. Warm woodiness underneath it all. Hard to pick out the notes, but this isn't a forest in a bottle, or even a barren tree.  This is a unique expression of the art and I'm really glad I took a gamble on this one.  I have been having a lot of troubles blind bottling in 2022, but this one is really lovely and I'm glad to have it. I have nothing else like it.