Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Silver Now With Clinging Mist

Must enjoy bergamot. The ambergris is extremely light handed and I can find the incense if I really try. Not sure how this implies silver or misty. 

Edited by HerbGirl

Gauzy is the perfect word for this one. It's ethereal, bright, and the bergamot lives up to its citrusy reputation here moreso than in other bergamot blends I've tried. The barest hints of ambergris and incense. Will definitely return to this one after a good rest.

I think, in contrast to the above reviews, I was hoping for more bergamot! In the decant, it's pale, bright bergamot with a slight musky whiff of ambergris in the background. On my skin, though, the incense smoke takes over and drowns out the bergamot, leaving me with a thin haze of church incense for most of the wear time.

Oh, I like this! I can't pick out which elements of this are doing what, but it smells fresh and airy: a light, fine shawl that's maybe been kept in a drawer with a bar of high-end perfumed soap, worn out into the countryside on a dewy, misty morning.

This is a beautiful breezy scent. Gauzy incense and bright bergamot. The ambergris is in the background, just a hazy muskiness. I'd kill for this as an atmo! 

When I got this, I was concerned about it going in the "nice soap" direction, and this is indeed what happened. I knew it was a reach for me when I got it; while I've had good experiences with bergamot and ambergris they can both have a light/fresh character I'm not fond of. It's pleasant, mostly bergamot with a touch of ambergris and minimal incense, and I can see the artistic inspiration of a shimmery silver mist.