Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Mallow Flower, Honeysuckle, and Vanilla Bean

Oh, gosh - this one is exactly what it says it is, so if that sounds good to you, grab it!

I don't really even know how else to describe it - it is, yes, a sweet (not specifically sugary, just sweet), warmly vanilla, floral honeysuckle. Despite being an October release, it feels very springtime to me, or maybe the-end-of-winter-verging-on-spring - cozy vanilla sweetness and sweet flowers unfolding.

Good throw and lasting nicely, so far!

I was disappointed with this when I first tried it.

On my first test of this, a few days after it had arrived, it was mostly perfume-y honeysuckle on me with some very short-lived mallow flower and no vanilla bean to be found. I let it settle for a week and find that I'm enjoying it a little more now, as the mallow flower manages to tag along with the honeysuckle throughout wear (although it is very much the flower, not straight-up marshmallow -- so maybe don't be like me and expect straight-up flormand, because the mallow flower is more of a lightly sweet floral softness accompanying the honeysuckle, which I feel is really dainty in this one and not heady like the one found in Wild Honeysuckle SN). The vanilla bean is not distinct to my nose, but maybe it will become noticeable as the scent ages. 

While I don't love it like I thought I would (I was expecting a sweeter scent with a bolder honeysuckle note), I do think it is nice, so I will keep the bottle around for a year to see how it ages. If the vanilla decides to come out, it could age into something amazing.

I also thought it was marshmallow...I read mallow flower and still thought MARSHMALLOW? So it wasn't just doomsday_disco. I wanted more honeysuckle as well. I'm not sure what kind of mallow flower and upon smelling this realized I had no idea. It has a white floral sweet scent, literally smells like a candied flower, not flour don't get confused again. It is definitely a springtime scent. I am going to layer it with a vanilla cake scent and see what I think. 

SOOOOO much different than i was expecting! i bought two bottles, right off the bat because i, like amoray, saw mallow flower and my brain just read ‘marshmallow’ immediately - i agree that it’s a VERY spring type scent - sweet (not at all sweet in a marshmallow type way though lmao) and very floral. it’s really pretty and i mayyyy hang onto one of the bottles just to try it again in a few months and see how i feel

When I first did a goblin sniff of this, it was ALL mallow flower and vanilla. A proper skin test is bringing out more honeysuckle, but it still starts off hidden behind some fluffy, white sweetness. I know it's mallow flower and not marshmallow, but the sweet vanilla thrown in does make me think of marshmallows a little bit. After a while, it balances out more between the three. The sweetness is toned down a little bit and it becomes more of a soft yellow as opposed to white floofs, it makes me imagine a gentle honeysuckle tea with vanilla cream.

Definitely a springtime vibe. Haven't gotten a good sense of the throw yet, but when I did my first goblin test it had a surprising throw. I could smell the tiny dab on my arm through my sweater all night.

I think this smells like marshmallow, both in the bottle and on my skin.  Very close to the puffy, airy, vanilla-ish sweetness of smelling an actual bag of marshmallows.  The honeysuckle isn't quite as heady and intense as what I am used to, but has a cool, airy quality to it and a hint of fresh, green stem.  It's still noticeably honeysuckle, though, all honeyed, soft floral and golden sweetness.  The drydown is a slightly powdery vanilla marshmallow soaked in golden honeysuckle nectar.  This is one of my favorites of the duets/menage series.

In the decant, the honeysuckle is there, but the mallow flower and vanilla are giving it a floofy sweetness that makes it almost gourmand-adjacent rather than floral. On my skin, the mallow flower and vanilla mostly overtake the honeysuckle -- there's a little bit of white floral in the background, but this is mostly airily sweet mallow.

Haha. I was testing the Vanilla, Nutmeg, Hay trio...oops

Edited by HerbGirl
WRONG SCENT!

I completely forgot that I ordered this, until I went through the upper shelf while looking for scents I don't wear as often. It's had a good six months to age, which is why I think I put it up there in the first place: to let the florals calm down a little.

At this stage, it's a sticky-sweet, feminine, white-gold floral. Sharp at first, but it softens over time. The honeysuckle is there, but it takes a back seat to the mallow flower and vanilla - it's too flowery to be marshmallowy to my nose, but it's definitely sweet and summery. The scent is loud on my skin, and it's got quite a lot of throw even without being activated by body heat.