Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Chocolate, Cinnamon Bark, and Chipotle Honey

CCBandCH could be a delight for lovers of all its notes; each of them is present and accounted for.

Out of the gate, I'd say the cinnamon bark (which is quite barky) may be the most potent on my skin. There's also plenty of honeyed cocoa to sip here, however. The trio is cozy and evocative. Cinnamon bark is one of the notes that can feel very homey to me, and this blend is bringing the hominess, well, home.

After a moment, the chipotle comes into its own. I very much loved the especially-limited-run Temptation of St. Nick, with its chili-peppered and spiced cacao --- my perfume boxes have been missing something vital since I ran out of it and had no other blend with Central or South American peppers. I'm thrilled to have this one and have been wearing it often.

I'm so fascinated with spicy scents, especially after I found my fav scent caramel/smoked chilis/black vanilla. This is very different, cinnamon bark in this is masculine and dry. The honey is dark and gooey, closer to treacle, and definitely spicy!! It does something to my nose that I can't describe (not helpful I know). Chocolate blends everything together, but it's not a gourmand chocolate. Maybe a dark chocolate?

this is nice! dark, rich, slightly dry chocolate, definitely not a milk chocolate, but not a bitter dark chocolate either.  spicy, but not sharp or prickly.  the cinnamon bark is woodsy and comfy, and the chipotle imparts some smokiness.  infused with honeyed sweetness, but not honey forward.  every note accounted for, but harmonizing nicely. 

mexican hot chocolate, sweetened with honey, simmered over a smoky campfire, and served in a rough-hewn, barky wooden cup. 

Edited by MamaMoth

Oooh this is delicious! A gorgeous spicy chocolate scent, but not very foodie somehow despite being all food notes! The chocolate is on the drier, more cocoa-y side. The spice from the cinnamon and chipotle (despite being chipotle honey) keep it from being very sweet. The chipotle adds a bit of smoke as well. Cozy but not too cute! 

I love chocolate and I love honey, and I was very pleasantly surprised by how the chipotle and cinnamon bark fit in. It's got a nice chocolately throw and I think the spices and honey give it a bit of a warm, sweet musky quality. The cinnamon bark does make my skin tingle a teensy bit but it's not as intense as other spiced blends. Very nice wearable chocolate blend.

From the "I Forgot I Bought This And Should Probably Test It" files. In the bottle it's a dry and spicy chocolate, definitely a Mexican hot chocolate scent as has been mentioned by others. I don't really get the chipotle or the honey, just cocoa and cinnamon. On my skin, it's much less chocolatey, gets even drier, and there's the chipotle peeking out. If you liked Caramel, Smoked Chili, and Black Vanilla, but wanted something less SWEET but still gourmand, this would be a great one to try.