Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pale, limpid beams of amber light against a tea-stained sky

with a cluster of autumn leaves, maple bark, vetiver root, and loam.

Tea, amber, dried leaves, and maple. This blend is a moment of watching outer seasons change and reflect shifts in the inner world.

Really lovely. Autumn Sun I reminds me of October 32, with their shared autumnal vibes of dried leaves, amber, and tea. Autumn Sun lacks October 32's prominent wool, but it does give off just a breath of its vanilla, possibly from the amber. They are both Autumn as a Mood --- a few quiet moments taken for oneself, gazing across a sun-stained field of dying grasses and dead, blowing leaves, anticipating the coming withdrawal of the land's life into winter.

This blend is pale amber and black tea first and foremost. I can't pick out the other notes specifically, but there is a woody, earthy spine to the scent that grounds it. It's subtle, though -- no intense dead leaf note or dirt note here, just a faint earthiness grounding the scent. This is in the same vein as October 32, without the wool and cream notes. Overall, a pretty, wan-in-an-appropriately-autumnal-sort-of-way amber blend. This might be a bottle upgrade for me.

Sometimes I will look at the notes for a decant and struggle to understand why I picked it, while lovely sounding this is the sort of scent that doesn't usually work on me. However this scent is more about the tea and amber, with a light lovely backing of woods and a tiny bit of earth. The amber is pale, lightly sweet. With the tea it reminds me of weak autumn sun, so absolutely perfect for evoking the inspiration. It's earthy and somewhat in that dead leaves space without being intense. 

:cry2:This is such a sadly weak scent. It seems like it would smell incredible if it were just a tad stronger. I get no tea, no crunchy leaf scent. Just a soft maple scent, like i spilled a little syrup on my hand an hour ago and washed it off but the tiny scent trails are lingering. So SAD!!!!!

This is rather nice but is definitely on the pale and limpid side.  I really just get tea and amber and maple leaves.  I would really love for some vetiver and loam to dirty it up.  I like the notes that do appear -- I would definitely buy at least a decant of Dead Leaves with Black Tea, Amber, and Maple. But Autumn Sun I is not quite all the description promises. 

After reading these reviews, I don't have much to add, but wanted to write my thoughts. 

This perfume oil is just so lovely. Yes, I love the listed notes. Do I get them? Nope. Not at all. Do I care? Not a bit. Why? Because it smells like the painting looks. This isn't amber and tea, it's 'amber light' and a 'tea stained sky'. And yes, it absolutely lives up to the description if you're not trying to isolate notes. I did that at first and it was confusing, but I loved the scent so much that it didn't matter. If the art appeals to you- don't look at the notes- just enjoy the scent inspired by the art. Lovely.

Edited by HerbGirl