Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

And Here I Sawe My Whete So Rede

My bottle got here a couple days ago, so here goes!

On first application, I get a lot of sandalwood, bergamot, and palo santo - no rice milk or cream in this opening! But my skin has tended to turn sandalwood up to eleven lately, so that might be a me thing. I was hoping it'd be a bit milkier/sweeter (gambling on the 'cream' aspect and the rice milk here) but it isn't, very.

About 20 minutes in, there is a soft creamy note emerging, faintly - the other three notes are still the loudest, but they're being gentled and tamed by milk, like adding a splash of milk into strong tea. It's also quieted down a lot in terms of throw; it's definitely still there, but closer to my skin. It's interesting; I do like it but I don't know if I love it; I really was hoping for more of a balance with the creamy notes. Maybe we'll see how it ages, and also see how it works on my mom, who is also a BPAL person. 🙂

This is beautiful! I almost didn't pick this one up, and I'm glad I did. I'm not doing it justice, but it is definitely not like anything else in my (young) collection.

There's a sweetness and a creaminess from the bergamot and rice milk, and a spicy, woody thing happening from the sandalwood and palo santo. Really, really lovely and unique.

The sweet and creamy isn't overpowering or gourmand, and the spice/wood aren't taking over. Very nicely balanced all around.

The rice milk in this blend starts out surprisingly strong and creamy, with an almost sour edge not unlike BPAL's goat milk accord. It settles quickly, blending into the bergamot and palo santo. The palo santo and sandalwood are there, but the bergamot and rice milk make this much more of a sweet and creamy than a woody scent. This leans more gourmand on me, but the wood notes keep it from being Too Much. Unfortunately, my skin eats this up fast, with maybe two hours or so of staying power.

Sour rice milk with sort of an odd little cheek-pinch of bergamot on a backdrop of grainy sandalwood and palo santo.

Sourness isn't a usual milk effect on my skin, but there it is. It's working strangely with the citrus of bergamot and the slight lemony note common to palo santo.

The creaminess grows as this matures on my skin, and loses some sourness... but overall, this one is an oddball on my skin, and not in a way that draws me.

Very creamy rice milk that was a little sour in the bottle, but as it settled it grew very sweet. It was very strong to me when applied wet but as it dried I grew to like it on my skin. Very delicate and creamy, with a little shock of woodsy palo santo.

The strange sour twist to the rice milk makes this smell like sake on my skin. Sake infused with bergamot, aged in a sandalwood barrel. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this.

This is really elegant. Gorgeous creamy rice milk and sandalwood, brightened by bergamot. It gets sweeter on the skin, slightly more woody and less creamy. 

Mmm she’s spicy! I cannot say enough good things about this one. I’m in love. Like proper love. Not simply infatuation. Long haul, spend my lifetime with, love.

Okay onto the review. Definitely spicy, warm, and woody. I’m attributing that to the palo santo and sandalwood for sure. But to me it’s not necessarily identifiable. It’s a little creamy/milky, but not in a literal way. It’s more of a feeling than an actual scent note, if that makes sense. I don’t get sour notes at all. And I’m not getting a lot of citrus notes either. The spice and wood notes really are the shining stars, in my opinion.

All in all, I think this is wonderfully balanced. 1000000000 out of 10. It was an instant “omg I need a backup bottle immediately” for me.

This scent has been one of my favorite BPAL scents I've ever come across. It's very comforting to me and reminds me almost of how my grandmother's house smelled when I was a kid. I'll definitely want to get a secondary bottle before it goes out of stock.

Milky sandalwood and palo santo, which combined is like a milky hay-grass smell to me. Medium throw and wear length. 

On my skin the main notes are the slightly citrusy bergamot and the woodsy Palo Santo. The sandalwood is very soft and creamy in this blend. I can smell the rice milk in the background but it is more of a background note on me and I only get whiffs of it from time to time. The bergamot note is very true to how it smells in real life and brings to mind walking through a lovely herb garden. It's quite a relaxing and calming scent to me