Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Schrödinger’s Checkmark

I guess I will be first!

Okay on wet it starts off something like caramel, very sweet, but the caramel impression dries off very quickly into benzoin and peppy zingy patch with a subdued marshmallow note.

This is the friendliest incense perfume I have. It's youthful, a little spicy and a little sweet. I think this will be a popular scent.

I honestly have to say that @geophagustapajosis spot on. I am in love with this & I bought it cause it would be funny & I wanted to make sure I got a bottle. 

The only difference is that mine started how it stayed. The first 20 minutes was just a bit peppery-er & sweeter, like sugar paste. Both called down a bit & it’s stayed the same for a couple hours now & is slowly fading but not changing. 

I am sick and can't smell a whole lot -- but I can smell the lovely sticky thick sweet patchouli in this.  I might want like 500 more bottles.

This is pretty much what I wanted Spoopy Kid to smell like.  

Edited by twilighteyes

This is a really good sweet patch scent.

When I first tried it, I got a burst of marshmallow with it at first and then it became a black patch party on my skin, but after just a week of settling, it has already improved and now my skin holds onto that floofy marshmallow along with the patch throughout wear.

I'm really happy I grabbed a bottle. :dance: 

This is straightforward on me: thick, gooey caramel and a peppery patchouli. Maybe the patchouli is caramelizing the marshmallows? Either way, the combo is delightful.

This patch. This is one of my favorite patchouli notes from the Lab.

Chewy thick patchouli with a buttery, sticky marshmallow with a vanilla kick. 

I can't believe I'm saying this but if the hemp was a problem for you in Banshee Beat, etc, and you're looking for a sweeter little sister,  don't pass this by. 

A smooth, chewy patchouli sweetened and made nommy with vanilla marshmallow and a bit of caramelized sugar. Light hint of pepper fading in and out, nothing intrusive.

This is in the sweet vanilla patchouli family and I love it.

In the bottle: Vanilla buttercream with a dash of earthy patchouli.

Wet: Still getting that buttercream sweetness with juuuust a faint hint of earthy, dirt-smelling patchouli.

Dry: Ok, now we're getting more patchouli and the sweetness goes into the background. It still reads more as buttercream than marshmallow, but that could just be my skin chemistry and whatever it is, it has an airy quality that keeps this from feeling heavy. I don't specifically smell the benzoin but once dry, there's something in here that is not just the sweetness of the floofy marshmallow/vanilla buttercream scent I'm getting.

Lemme just say that I was getting this perfume no matter what because I bloody love the hell out of twitter in spite of everything. I chuckle a little whenever I stumble across a twitter blue account because I am petty LMAO.

Back to perfume. I don't have much experience with patchouli so I wasn't sure what I was getting into, but I'm really happy that this is as gorgeous as it is. I definitely spend a lot of time sniffing myself when I wear this. Schrödinger's Checkmark has the added bonus of being very powerful. A little goes a long way and it sticks to clothes. I'm very curious how this will age and am tempted to back this up.

UPDATE: It's been a few weeks and this is now a whole lotta POW! PATCHOULI. What was once more vanilla buttercream is now decidedly marshmallow, but it's getting shouted down by the grittiness of the patchouli. After roughly the four-hour mark, the patchouli dials down and the marshmallow dials up. The rest of the day, I get a sexy-foody scent coming off of my skin. Curious what another few weeks of aging will bring.

Edited by Tamarinda
Update

it's like goblin and and vanilla bean, marshmallow, benzoin had a baby.  i'm adding to my will that i wish to be buried in it. 💜

i have nothing more useful to add, besides noting that the marshmallow in this is more buttery/rich, less airy/floofy than some. 

i predict this one will be cropping up on ISO lists for years to come! 

Edited by MamaMoth

Dirty desserty patchouli is the ODDEST thing. I think what I am parsing as dirty is the "oily" benzoin, and the marshmallow fluff definitely qualifies as sticky. No caramel here, just gooey fluff.

I'm getting some kind of soil aspect to this too. It makes me think of the marshy area around a pond where I used to go hunting for tadpoles when I was a kid. I don't know. It's so weird. Not at all what I expected!

Fun and straightforward marshmallow and patchouli. Wish this had stronger throw and better lasting power. Right now, it isn't knocking my socks off, and I was hoping for a big swaggering fistful of dirty patch, benzoin and marshmallow, something to match the unearned clout cloud that trails Apartheid Clyde where ever he goes. But it feels like the benzoin is missing, and it's only the patch and marshmallows in here. 

The bottle arrived filled under the shoulder, basically kissing the label so not thrilled about that either. I've noticed a drop in fill levels since the Liliths went out. As a fan of consistently getting really decently filled bottles, this change is making me more and more hesitant to blind bottle, especially with the exchange rate right now.

Ok so this one is tough for me. This scent was a top 5 for me this year but ultimately it’s throw and staying power have bummed me out. It’s a delicious marshmallow and patchouli scent. Like a darker version of Stekkjarstaur. Yum. But compared to Banshee Beat this one is weaker. I only smell it for like 20 glorious minutes then poof it vanishes. 🥹

sticky, chewy, delicious patch. my god, it’s glorious. It’s deep and mellow, with that classic smooth bpal feeling. marshmallow lingers somewhere in the background, rounding out the patchouli a bit with some warm sweetness. This is one of the sexiest scents i’ve ever had the pleasure of wearing. I’m hoping to get a bit more marshmallow as it has time to sit, but goddamn! I am so pleased.

Edit: This has incredible throw and wear so far. it’s been about an hour or so and ohhhhh my god. oh my god. the patchouli fades just ever so slightly and the marshmallow takes the reigns. I ABSOLUTELY ADORE IT. If i didn’t already have like, 4 other marshmallow scents in the mail….. I’d be buying like 9 backups. I predict this’ll be on ISO’s in years to come. 

edit 2: Just realised why this scent is so damn nostalgic for me. It’s like sitting on the floor with my friends as a teenager while we tear through a whole jar of marshmallow fluff while high off our asses. that’s this scent. 

Edited by Weirdgirlpilled

This is the baby of Stekk and Ask The Nearest Hippie. Gorgeous vanilla marshmallow dominated but eventual a delightful deep, chewy patch shows through. Incredible. 

Sweet sticky patchouli and marshmallow that would lovely, but they're being shouted over by a strong benzoin. There's something about benzoin that I just don't like, it smells off to me, and here it's so dominant on me even after months of rest that I'm afraid this is a miss for me sadly.

Ohh! This is so much fun! 

I love this all alone, but I also find Schrödinger’s Checkmark phenom to LAYER!  The dry down is a fluffy wide patchouli marshamallow that sweetness is tempered, but still lurking. 

I'm finding that is doesn't morph much, except that the marshmallow seems to settle in and hang around more than I expected  - It stands right up next to that patchoili and envelops it. 

The sweet patch scent was detectable on my skin after a few hand scrubs and a bath so...any of my gourmands from the Yule update that needed a boost in longevity (eyeing up my bottle of Banana Pancakes) now have a perfect buddy. 

Edited by Fiam

Schrodinger's Checkmark is that gorgeous black patch the lab is so good at sweetened by floofy vanilla marshmallow.  I'm not able to individuate the benzoin.  The throw is low on me, but the wear length is good, going on seven hours at the moment.  This is the sweeter, foodier cousin of You May House Their Bodies -- I think it's the same patchouli.  And I love them both dearly. 

This is definitely a ‘red’ scent to me, which may sound weird. Not a hot red, but like a juicy red with no fruit. 

Really candy sweet marshmallow and patchouli. It’s not a dusty marshmallow, as the benzoin really sweetens it up. Really good immediate throw, lasts quite a while. 

It’s strong. I like it enough, and am saddled with a full bottle so I’ll probably keep it and wear it out…but it’s not a *LOVE*.

First impression out of the mailbox (and on the skin): Dr.Pepper + plus marshmallow. I think. That's where my thoughts went. I'm sure it'll age well into something more nuanced. Anyways, it's fascinating. Took a chance as I'm not a huge patch fan. I'm really glad I got a bottle. 

Loving  Schrödinger’s Check Mark ✔️ 

It’s got a similar vibe to Chibi Skul, MPF 13 HG, Cupcake Splatter and the ever glorious Revenant Rhythm (gasp). I’m a patchouli FIEND so for me, anything that smells like it (even loamy dirty gnarly Patch) is magnificent!! A sweet yummy patchouli. But not too sickly or foodie. Still keeping that gothy patch edge.

Just right! 
💙💙💙💙💙💙

I’m so glad I got one before they flew off! 

Edited by Irish Sea Mermaid
More comprehensive

What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of immediately buying two full bottles as backups to my partial. 

This is the only marshmallow blend that has ever really worked on my skin from first slather to final poofy drydown, and that gloriously warm, nutty, chewy-sweet patchouli rolls over that oily benzoin like caramel over midnight-black chocolate.

Can't hear you, too busy huffing my arm.

Ayup. That's the stuff. Marvellously sticky sweet chewy gooey patchouli. Not sweet sweet like on the foodie end of things, but definitely sweet for a patch scent. Plus the floofy marshmallow is so great with the unctuous vanillic benzoin, unf.