Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Pumpkin Rum Cake

Pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree, vanilla sugar, coconut shavings, spiced rum, and maple whipped cream.

I was so excited for this and was really hoping to get CAKE! Sadly I mostly get butter!! 🧈 

Weird thing is when I smell it from the bottle it’s all butter but very lightly I smell spice cake. I was hoping that spice cake would get stronger on my skin but sadly it didn’t. The butter isn’t bad at all but it was a bummer the rum cake never came out fully. It had medium throw and staying power. 🎃 Halloween Butter! 

Every rum cake recipe I've seen calls for a butter rum sauce to be poured over the finished cake. This blend seems to have butter rum sauce in the recipe too! Plus whipped cream and pumpkin notes can go into buttery territory, so that's likely why this is all butter when freshly applied.

After it dries for ~20 minutes or so, Pumpkin Rum Cake starts to remind me of Zipline II: tasty pumpkin rum cookies. I only get a hint of coconut, and I'm not getting much of the pumpkin pie spice, but I don't miss it, since it tends to stomp out other notes in my experience.

A big buttery spice cake! I like this, but it's very strong - a little goes a long way! I don't really get rum or booze - just a warm pumpkin-spice cake with a TON of hot buttery sauce poured over. Great for cold weather!

Like realistic and straight-no-chaser buttered popcorn at first, but when dry it goes to buttery, spicy, coconutty pumpkin cake.

This isn’t pumpkin rum cake, it’s straight up pumpkin kettle corn! I want to eat my arm now. Granted, I just put it on so it may morph into something more cake-like but for now it’s pure seasonal kettle corn. Not what I was expecting but I like it!