Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Pomegranate, Pink Pepper, and Black Apple

In the bottle this is all bright, juicy apple. Wet on my skin the apple vanishes immediately and I get a blast of something dry that I suppose is pink pepper. It settles down after a couple minutes and the fruit starts to come back out. Apple, mostly, with something else sweet underneath it, blending with the pepper. Pomegranate is one of those notes I don't really have a good scent memory for, but there is a not-apple sweetness that must be it. 

Once it's dry it's returned to mostly apple, with a slight dry-spicy-almost floral base. It's not particularly foody, and I'll probably make this more of a springtime perfume than a fall/winter one. It's pretty and quite subtle.

Bright red, juice-drippy pom and some apple with a bit of blackening to it -- perhaps not as much as Gingerbread Witch had, but it's noticeable.

There's a dusting of spice dryness that reminds me of saffron's dry tone, but without actual saffron. It takes a while to resolve as anything pink peppery, and remains subtle throughout this blend's life on my skin. Which is short, by the way... This one doesn't live long on me.

i smell a bit of apple to begin with, but before i can start to pin it down, it just kind of meshes with the pom and gives me generalized sweet red fruitiness.  there's more spice going on to that pink pepper than i can put my finger on...  it's dry, and it tickles the nose a bit up close, but there's no bite to it. 

this ends up perfumey-er than i expected, but not in a bad way. sweet red fruit, musty-dusty spice, and perfume. i'm afraid i'm not making this sound very appealing, but i'm enjoying it! 

This is almost a black apple single note on me. It reminds me of the apple note used in the Bobbing for Apples collection and the black apple note used in other Lab scents. My skin eats this right up and unfortunately, I barely get any pomegranate, let alone the pink pepper. I can't pick out the pomegranate on it's own, but it's there, making the scent more of a juicy, almost slightly wine like apple.

Apple and pink pepper dries down to pomegranate and pink pepper. Fruity and fun. Medium throw and wear length.

In the bottle -  Very apple-y. The same Macintosh note as other BPAL apples. Very deeply fruity. Crisp and grainy as an apple.

Wet  Very apple-forward with a slight bite of pepper. No pomegranate I can catch, but still a deep yet light fruity flavor. This might be the quintessential apple note, since the apple is clearly dominating. The pepper remains an undertone that gives a little bit of roughness to the sweetness of the apple.

Dry -  The pomegranate comes out on dry-down, like a deep fruity wine. The apple becomes an undertone that gives it a crisp sweetness, and the pepper fades just a little bit, but not entirely - keeping that bite. Overall very well blended. All notes are represented in some way.

Edited by Lion

This is disastrous on my skin, but it's 3 notes that I don't tend to get along with, so I'm not shocked about it, lol.  The apple is breezy air freshener apple, the pomegranate it overly tart and dry smelling, and the pink pepper smells a little like dry cinnamon.  The apple takes over for me in the drydown and I have too much of that association with perfumey, tart apple = air freshener.