Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Pomegranate Turkish Delight

My combined Liliths and Halloweenies arrived today and I’m so excited for everything I got, but the goblin test winner was Pomegranate Turkish Delight and I encourage rose lovers to not sleep on this one! I had a 💡 moment and wondered earlier if it would be paired with my favorite locum flavor of rose, and this is exactly what it is. It’s rose water flavored Turkish delight studded with pomegranate seeds.

this is a very light, pretty scent that would be great in warmer weather as well as autumn. It will also layer nicely being essentially a duet!

Pom Turkish Delight brings a candy taffy-like texture and sweetness. This reminds me just a little of Atlantic City boardwalk taffy --- but admittedly, I'm not a big taffy snacker, so I'm probably missing some nuance.

I don't get much pomegranate to this one. It's mostly about the candy.

On my skin Pomegranate Turkish delight is a slightly tart pomegranate combined with the sugared rose water of the Turkish delight. I really like this one alot, and I think I'm going to be it wearing alot too.

It doesn't really morph on me and has medium throw. 

I just finished off a box of turkish delights and can confirm, this does what it says on the tin. Neither note seems to be overpowering the other, they're just hanging out. And somehow this even manages to capture that powdery smell it has from the coating, without being overly sweet or obviously sugared. This is extremely pretty and comfy. And it has more throw than I would have expected, although it's more of a wafter than a strong, continuous scent situation. I do believe I'm going to need a bottle.

Pomegranate and rose water, it ends up being much more floral on me than foodie. Pretty much equal parts heady pomegranate and sweet rose water. Though I would not describe this as a sweet scent.

I'm sad to say that this one does not remind me of Turkish Delight. On me, it's a very perfume-y rose with some tart pomegranate. There was a moment where I could smell the powdery exterior of Turkish Delight and the gummy texture of it, but it was sadly fleeting on my skin chemistry.

It's not a surprise this didn't work out on me as I'm not big on pomegranate, but I'd still be down to try a sweeter, pom-free Turkish Delight scent.

I was a little afraid of this one at first–pomegranate can be so syrupy! And C.S. Lewis tricked us dreadfully re: our formative notions of Turkish delight!– I needn’t have worried. This is a fresh, exuberant pomegranate seed, unencumbered by the burden of expectation and dread associations. This is a juicy, crisp, bright pomegranate seed with complex floral nuances and the tiniest bit of tart sass, a pomegranate that has actually never experienced anything than pure utter, joy. This is a pomegranate seed living its best life. It’s going to become a wholesome, universally beloved TikTok influencer and get signed for a dozen bankable sponsorships and give an inspiring interview on Oprah. (Is an interview on Oprah the gauge of having made it, nowadays? Maybe it will get invited onto Hot Ones, instead.)

I'm getting a musky, clean, slightly sour rose and not much else.  I expected more sweetness and Turkish delight is one of my favorite sweet treats, but I'm not getting the sugary coating that others have mentioned and I'm not really noticing the pomegranate either.