Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Does what it says on the tin. Wet, it's a bright juicy tart pomegranate, and dries down fairly quickly into a suspiciously fruity oud.  I don't tend to get toilet oud, and I'm not getting it here, but it's not a sweet woody oud for sure, so caveat emptor. I'm sitting here huffing my wrist and "suspiciously fruity oud" is still the best I can do with it. This is a strong "F You And The Horse You Rode In On" mood. I like both these notes and anyone who doesn't can just move out of sniffing range.

I always get worried RE oud, as it goes either total sexytime or cat box on me, no in-between.  Luckily this one is behaving itself and is actually quite lovely!  In the bottle:  Juicy pom with a woody, oudhy thing in the background.  On, wet:  Pom bursts forward in all its fresh juicy sweetness  Gradually dries down to a really soft, fruity, woodsy oud without even the slightest bit of funk or skunk.  It loses some of the pom/sweet note as it dries down but the final item is dry pom rind and wood.  Really liking it.  

In the decant: Tart and fruity but not like any pomegrante I've ever had.

Wet: Woody and fruity. Slightly sweet, slightly tart, very pleasant and now it's showing itself to be pomegranate.

Dry: Helloooooo pomegrante from Heirophantes! Ok. So you know how dried raspberries taste different than fresh? Pomegranate is like that. Like this is freeze dried pomegranate bits without the bitterness of the seeds. It's just a little bit of sweet/tart powderyness like an Emergen-C. This is very lovely and feels like very fancy perfume. I do not know much about oudh other than the one in my decant of Snake's Shadow is very barn yard-tacular. I get just a dash of that version of oudh, but without the fecal funk. It's woody and dry and contributes some dust to the pomegranate Emergen-C powder vibe. I'm really glad I took a chance on this. It is delightful.

I'm not a big fan of pomegranate, and oud is a tricky note for me, but this one was better than I'd expected. The tart pomegranate reigns throughout, backed by the oud, and the oud is a nice woody oud, free of indoles and funk. The pomegranate ends up developing a slight plastic-y quality to it by the end of the day, kind of reminding me of chapstick, but the notes swirled together nicely for the first few hours of wear.

If you're interested in this and don't have issues with pomegranate, don't let the oud in this one scare you away! It's still not something I'd wear, but it was nice to step out of my wheelhouse for a bit.

Pomegranate tends to go tart and dry smelling on me, and it's doing that here, leaning a little sour, paired with the dry, woody oud.  Sweet tarts and dry wood with a powdery drydown.